Timeline Bug(code)

thats cool

I just wish I had an idea for it

If done correctly, you could even hide the frame behind other frames and unless you type “gotoAndStop(1.5)” inside of a clip, it’s less likely anyone will be able to find it.
No secrets here.wick (1.4 KB)

Resizing, moving, or deleting the top frame will delete the hidden frame (unless if the frame is selected using the outliner). That’s because selecting the top frame will also select the bottom frame (which is why you won’t be able to add code into the frame when it’s in this state).

All of which makes it more difficult to find the frame since you wouldn’t be able to see it, and it’s not visible in the outliner; therefore you could delete it without noticing.

Fun fact: Naming a clip in a frame with the name “start” or “end” will make the frame invisible while the project is running, allowing you to see the frame under it in the timeline.

And yes, it’s a bug bc the user isn’t supposed to be able to visit/ create frames between frames.
It might work now without any issues, but I wouldn’t be surprised if timeline bugs come up the longer this bug is worked around.

Wait…
FFR EASTER EGG?

Wick could just round down if you give this function a float…?
That’s easy to fix, I would say.
I would even argue for not accepting (ie: throw an error) if you try to go to a non-existing frame-numberr?