Tutorials - Drawings/Animations and more

Interesting… I’m wondering, why about integers? Is there a particular reason?

I want to learn as much as I can about as much as I can so I’m gonna try to practice and experiment a little bit.

1 Like

Also how ould that change the chance to 20%? Just wondering.

Imagine that you have a bag with ten different numbers inside from 1 to 10. Then you blindly selected 1 of them. The following line of code represents that action:

Let say that if the number that you pick is 8, you would win a car. The chance of you getting an 8 is 10% because you are selecting 1 number from 10 possible numbers. chance = 1/10

But if you want to select 1 number from 10 different numbers, as per your previous example, but this time if the number is 5 or 10, then you would win a car. The chance is now greater… it will be 2/10

3 Likes

Thank you I get it now instead of doing all the numbers inbetween making it a 60% chance it is only 5 and 10 making it two numbers so it is 20%

Is that what you mean

Not exactly, but you will get it…

1 Like

Ok. Well thanks anyways I am really good at remembering code so I will remember it and get it somehow.

1 Like

Well yes, if you are randomly selecting a number from 1 to 10… the chance of getting a number inbetween 5 and 10, including 5 and 10, is 60%

While we’re on the topic of quantum random you can install qrand with npm install -g qrand and add it to your package.json. Now if you do
var qrand = require('qrand');
qrand.getRandomHexOctets(16, function(err, octets) { console.log(octets.join(''));
});
You can generate quantum random numbers from the ANU Quantum Random Number Generator

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

@Jordy and @nuggetofwisdom , this topic is for the youtube tutorials and wick questions, everything else is considered off-topic

2 Likes
 if (key === 'up') {
       let rNum = random.integer(1, 10);
      if (rNum == 5 || rNum == 10) {
             project.score += 1';
             SCORE.setText ('Score:' +  project.score;
    }

}

And I put this in default script in the frame:
project.score = 0;

And I do it over and over again that is how i memorize above is just an example but is it a good way to memorize?

@Jovanny how do you make the Friday night funkin mechanics not be randomized.

better explanation: how do you make the arrow spawning your own pattern

just don’t use random… instead use an array to store your own patterns.

ok thanks :)

I’m going to send a gif of my problems

I could not

Hi wick forums hope everyone had a good day!

3 Likes

Yes! Alot of us probably are because wick is the only game engine I can really use.

yeah I have known wick since the and it is really easy to use.

1 Like