Upload button? 🧐

I was just wondering if it was possible to allow the user to upload a png into ur project. It’s probably really tough to get such a thing like an upload button, but if it’s possible, I would be grateful to learn how!

you can add photos to your work! you just choose the photo and add it to your assets! :)

Thanks @mojad,

but what I meant was “coding” an upload button into the wick project
(I probably should’ve been more clear )

@Hamzah_Al_Ani, probably what you meant is to develop a wick app that allows the user to upload pictures at run time… right? mmm… :thinking: I don’t think that they had such thing implemented in wickEditor yet…

Thanks for letting me know @Jovanny

Hey @Hamzah_Al_Ani, this one might be tough, but it is possible to do this.

It would have to use a combination of creating an input using JavaScript (similar to how the text input in the asset library works), but the type of the input would have to be “file”.

How comfortable are you with writing HTML/Javascript code? I can potentially create an example / provide some help but it might take a bit.

1 Like

Wick editor is really my first coding experience (I found it while looking for a drawing website, and somehow ended up coding :woozy_face:), but I’ve been researching coding a lot lately, and I have some good info of how html works :+1:

I won’t need an example if u could explain how it works, but any help would be great! Thanks!

I have decent JS (almost finished a few of KA’s JS classes), I’m pretty new to HTML (took part of a KA class a long time ago), and I know much more Python. Python I think is basically useless in terms of Wick.

1 Like