Uploaded video (.mp4) to a website does not work

What Wick Editor Version are you using?
Ex. 1.19.3.

Describe the Problem
Hello, forum.
We use Wick to make animations in class and my students upload their creations in our school forum. The GIF files work perfectly well, but the mp4 does not. They either don’t play at all or if there is a sound added to the animation only the sound plays without the animation. The forum supports mp4 uploads and I have tried with multiple files, but it seems that it never works with Wick exported mp4s. All the animations that were exported from wick play on my PC with the VLC player so I thought it’s the forum problem. I connected the forum support and that’s what they replied:

"We just checked on the video that was uploaded and it seems Circle detects it as an audio file only. It seems the actual format of the video may not be correct. I think your students may have simply changed the file extension to .mp4, but that won’t work. The reason why it is able to play outside of Circle is because most apps (VLC, Media Players, etc.) are able to use other configurations to display the video and its contents to be able to play the different formats in a video player as opposed to a browser which is restricted to the HTML5 standard.

The file needs to be converted to a supported format for videos first (MP4) before they can be playable on Circle such as your other video uploads that work. I’ve attached a sample video on this email from one of the members uploads to show you what I mean. I simply used a converter to correctly change the format of the video to .MP4 and it now plays correctly on Circle."

The guy was right. After I converted the .MP4 exported from wick to another .MP4 using third-party software it finally worked.

I know the video export is still in Beta but I just wanted to make you aware that …MP4s exported from Wick are not really …MP4s in the web environment if you don’t already know it of course.

Thank you and have a good day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Youtube works I’m sure… but Hyun doesn’t work alongside Reddit