Video export butchers audio?

I just spent 4 hours making an animation sync’ed to audio. When I export as video it’s NOTHING LIKE what I see in my browser. The audio doesn’t trigger at the right times, the video quality is terrible. I’m SO DISAPPOINTED. Please help! Is there any way to save this project?

Ok, looks like the issue was that I changed the framerate to try to better match the audio. Does the video export tool follow the framerate settings? Also, it’s very low res which is disappointing.

I have the same problem. Last time they said that the audio library thing had issues or whatever. I hope they get it solved by this update, or as soon as possible otherwise.

Yeah, was quite a moment of despair! I was able to reset the the framerate, rework the audio layer, and then just redo some of the other more manual animations. Worked out in the end, but what the heck! Looking forward to proper video export. Also, copy/paste frames would be a lifesaver.

If you open your file in test.wickeditor.com and check the box for advanced options you can export in much higher quality, dunno if your other issues will be fixed.

As for copy-pasting frames, you can press shift, select multiple frames, ctrl-c ctrl-v and it works.

I thought I tried shift + select without success, but I could be mistaken. I’m still getting used to this interface. While sometimes it seems like there are distinct limitations, I’m also delighted by certain design decisions that make a lot of sense once you understand them.

I tried the 1080p and 720p exports and it dumps a badly broken mp4 file from my 411 frame animation. Actually both files are smaller than the original video export, so that seems wrong.

That sucks, bug report it I guess. Might be a memory limitation kinda thing. If you attach/send the wick file I can see if it exports for me.
I exported a 175 frame anim (a friend made it) in 1080p and it took a while to do but it was great quality… minus the slightly over-saturated colors.

Late last night I was trying to think of what I could be doing different from you. I have plenty of ram, but I was using possibly using a different browser, FireFox. I tried the export again in Chrome and the export works!

I wonder if there are other features that only work (or work better) in one browser or another? I’ve seen some webapps which publish a list of supported / recommended browsers. Might be worth doing here if necessary.

Oh ya, I just tried exporting my animation through the video exporter and it came out looking like poop too. Also, all of the audio is cut out throughout the whole animation. Did you figure it out yet by chance?

Hmm, you may want to try a different browser.
Also, beware of exporting a larger project into a smaller resolution! My project’s canvas is 1920x1080, and I wanted to export a quick 480p test render. When I did this, my bottom layer (the background) was broken and would only render a small rectangular part of itself. Rendering at native size, 1080p, turned out nicely though.

ok, My project size is default and I exported it at 1080p through the advanced settings. It does the exact same thing. idk. Maybe i’ll try another browser real quick.

Hi all,

We think that there might be a bug in the video exporter while using Firefox. If anyone has a .wick file that does not export correctly, please post it in this thread - it would help a lot in finding the bug!

I’m using chrome, I tried firefox and it does the exact same thing.

Heres my project: My Project4-12-2020_8-58-18PM.wick (566.4 KB)

The issue I had with the audio was apparently caused by changing the framerate. I had changed it from the default of 12 to 8 in order to better match with the audio, but when I exported it it no longer lined up. I reverted to 12 FPS and reworked the audio, and was able to resolve that . The video export I fixed by using Chrome. I can send the wick file in a bit.

there are some missing sounds in my latest animation when exported. in the scene with the brick blocks before mario gets bullyismed by everyone should have a quiet power down and mario going “waaaaaaaa” before the brick blocks jump into action. that’s only one part where audio is cut.
this is with chrome on a macbook air catalina.

Im on 10 fps and when I export an mp4 there’s no video and the audio cuts out at random moments? I use google chrome