When did you first start using Wick Editor?

There are a lot of people that joined because of Alan Becker-

2 Likes

I watched a video by alan becker about free alternatives to adobe animate(I was on mobile)
so none of the apps worked and when he said wick was online I became happy because it was the only one in the video that worked on my iPad because it is online I tried wick after watching alan beckers video and it didn’t work on my iPad since wick was still in alpha around one year later I got a laptop and wick 1.17 worked perfectly on my laptop after making some animations and games I made an account on the forums and that’s it I guess

1 Like

like march of 2020

you can still use flash to make games but adobe flash player is out of support.

I was cleaning my computer and I found this gem.
Keyboard_Animated-Clip Example.html (2.0 MB)

I started in 2020 but didn’t use the forums until now.

idk krita could animate

I started in 2017 and came back in 2019. I wanted to make flash games but then since flash was gonna die, I went back here.

krita still is too complicated for me to draw with anyway…

I use a mac with a wacom tablet, but I used to use a touch-screen chromebook

you can with the right settings (you have to use a plugin to export.) i still use krita to draw

for when i am animating stuff i always use photoshop to draw stuff and just import it to wick. i have had photoshop or like 2 years now so im more familiar with it.

and wick dose not have a lot of options as far as drawing goes.

[quote=“BSA_15, post:10, topic:3392, full:true”]
yeah same and this is the video right [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDv8KeJDEnk&t=34s/employee monitoring software

Thanks for sharing!

I’ve been looking at the forums and playing around with the editor since May 2019, with a few months in between usage. I actually decided to create this account about a week ago, though, because now I have the time and motivation to read though this forum and possibly contribute something to it down the road. Flash is beyond deprecated, Wick Editor has gone so far, and I want to develop my knowledge of JavaScript, so I think I will be here to stay for quite a while. (This is my first post ever, FYI.)

2 Likes

Alan Becker

So I found more about how I tried to become an animator. I found out that before Wick Editor and Pivot Animator, I used theanimator.co.uk. This was before I picked up my iconic name, Cleetus Kernel Cornious. Let’s just say that my animations weren’t very decent back then. Now that I look back, everyone wasn’t that good. But it seems that it’s advanced while I’ve forgotten about it. And it’s been 4 years since I used it for the first time. Geez, I feel old.

1 Like

December 2020
I knew some javascript

do you still know any javascript?
we could collab and potentially make a game

Started back in Feb. 4, 2021 when I made an animation.
I believe there was a Wick Jam around that time where I heard about it.

1 Like

July 14th 2018