Wick sucks

I decide to animate my biggest project yet
I animate my biggest project yet
discover new animation tactics and actually start using color in my animation with accurate physics
power outage
EXPECTATION: Wick autosaves so when I go back on I can load it back in when given the prompt to do so
REALITY: The prompt to load the project appears, I press it, doesn’t load and stays on please wait for the foreseeable 13.8 billion years. Pain.
How to reproduce it: just animate something and wait for a power outage. Try to load it back in.
AFTERMATH: Comtemplate the fact you did all of that for the website to just decide to not ever load anything for no reasons, only to realize later that it probably is lost forever.
CONCLUSION: Wick suxks I’m going back to flipaclip.

Womp womp, i had a project that i spent days on i loaded someone else’s animation which was horrible so i tried loading back my animation only to find out only for it to be stuck on that loading screen and at that point i couldn’t interact with anything i reload the project only thing is it does not give the option to load in my project

Yeah, and also when you try making a clicker game it doesnt even work anymore when you code it yourself

I’ve deleted billions of stuff that’s been left unfinished. Big deal!
Also, Wick hasn’t been updated in a while. If you really don’t like using it then go to Adobe… oh wait those guys are evil, go use OpenToonz or whatever else it is that’s free

As if this comment will help OP.

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but that’s what you get for tryna run this kind of stuff in a web browser ig

That’s fair

Yes, this has happened to me before (with a project probably smaller than yours). It taught me to constantly save my animations.

Explanation: It’s probably not wicks fault that the power went off and your computer probably sent it a bad auto-save, thus causing wick to not be able to load it. I don’t mean to be mean though (homonym lol), I’m sure this is devastating and you can for sure switch animation software if you want.

Also my verdict on what happened could totally be wrong, that was just my guess.

you deleted them with your own will not them being gone forever worstly you probably didn’t work on yours as hard as we did anyways thats why YOU deleted them not some mishap

I could recommend macromedia flash 8, it’s what I use. It’s so old it’s basically free.

how do you install that on a computer thats younger than flash
cuz from what i heard you cant get any version of flash on new computers

Yep, this is why I save multiple versions of my projects when I’m working on them. I always thought a lot of people did this, but I guess not.

i meant to keep them not lose them

I used flash 8 for a bit on my old laptop
I recently got a gaming pc so now I use Adobe animate

bro i dont have the luxury of paying subscriptions im broke

Me neither, my high school pays for it loll

Unfortunately I’m a junior now so once I graduate I’m probably gonna have to make the switch to freaking opentoonz or something lol

support opentoonz, or just use flash 8.
you can even buy older flash versions on ebay and own 'em, like i did

Well this is kinda to be expected for a piece of software that hasn’t been updated for a very long time. I my self struggle with it a lot for my latest project that I don’t even animate in wick. But I wouldn’t say that it sucks, it’s still a great tool for beginners to get into animation. And if you want something that will definitely work and isn’t hard to learn, get a Student/school ID and buy ToonBoom harmony for around 6,50$ a month with no commitment. Though it lacks the personality of wick in my opinion

I personally found Macromedia Flash, er, Adobe Animate, a little easier and practically easy to find for free with a serial number. Wick is pretty similar to Flash, so it should be somewhat easy to transition.
Hell, you can even buy an old copy of Macromedia Flash (for Windows, Macs change architectures too often for Flash 8 to be compatible with newer Macs) on eBay and never have to pay monthly! That, and Flash can easily be tweaked to your liking through some extensions or JSFL commands. Try doing that in Wick!
I’m not saying that Toon Boom is a bad option, just that you can find something cheaper (in terms of lifetime, not monthly) and just as good!

1 Like

That’s true, but my last experience with animate was mid. It sadly isn’t what it was used to be, and new updates also have mostly dried up while toonboom still goes strong. But that’s just the new animate, flash was and is absolutely amazing!!!

…then why not use the old versions? All that aside, Toon Boom and other programs are killing it right now.

1 Like