Wicked Fast Typer - a wickeditor game

Hello
I made a game to test wickeditor potential and the result is it’s already a very powerful tool!
Thankyou wick editor team !!!

Now please do some debug and send feedbacks.
To kill the enemies just type their names (keyboard required)

play the game at:

wickedFastTyper

graphic, animation, music and coding by blurredPixels

5 Likes

Wow, cool game! So far, I’m on level 10!

Something I noticed: When I type duplicate letters like the s in princess or the q in queen, I can type that letter once.

Also, nice graphics, this is a really great game!
Hopefully I get to pass level 20
Is there a certain amount of levels or is it endless?

1 Like

this is the most fun game i have seen on wick editor in awhile!
i also saw your penguin animation and it was really good!

1 Like

pressing f freezes the game i found this out when i accidentally pressed f instead of r

anyway the graphics look really good. but i think you should add some variety to the enemies, like maybe have enemies that move fast but have short words, and enemies with long words that move slow. and maybe some other type of enemy other than those two.

2 Likes

Ufff I cant play it right now, but from what I can see it is fun and the characters/enemies from the picture look great. I cant wait.

1 Like

yes
i noticed the multiple press too and decided to leave as it is.
key pressed keeps sending event while the key is pressed .

as for the levels there are around 50 of increasing difficulty
I decided to make levels where I decide exactly which enemies type, number and order appear instead of some calculated increment
if you get to 50 the game freezes :grin: :grin: :grin: . No end game screen. I’m too lazy. I hope no one get to 50 :rofl:

thankyou very much

that’s an issue I noticed too. did you set f as shortcut for testing/stop playhead in wickeditor by the way? I set < key in shortcuts and I can write all words (with f too) but if I press < it will stop the game
it’s something I reported in another thread

yes I tough about that
In a previous version I had enemies that after being zapped spawned a new “normal” enemy but they did not made it in this version.
maybe in the future…

thankyou all for the kind words

After doing this game my list of desired features and small improvements is huge.
Luxa and co are going to kill me :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

So you have different enemy types? I didn’t know that because my game crashed at level ten because I pressed f, and by that point the only enemy type I have seen were the green slimes, and level ten isn’t too early in the game so I guess I thought that if there were other enemy types, they would have been introduced by then.

Oof, i got like 3 enemies with long names all together so i didn’t know what to write-

When you’re typing in the textbox asset, the “project preview shortcut” is disabled (not really disabled, but you just can’t use it), so you can try to have a textbox hidden somewhere and focused on in you’re game, and your project shouldn’t get paused

Note: Since the text box asset is an element, if you place it outside of the screen, you’ll see a scroll bar that’ll take you to the text box in the html version

Your game is cheating on me… : (
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.02.52 PM

It is soo good. The concept is great. I think that I have seen something similar before. Anyhow, there are some things to fix, overall, great! Great contribution to the community. Thank you!

1 Like

This game reminds me of that one wizard cat google game :thinking:

Level 13 is the farthest I got, words started getting longer and I feel like the green guys were becoming faster (?). I might try to get to level 20 some time later

yeah it was somekind of google doodle

Actually there are enemies with a name and enemies with a name and an adjective.
Every new level they get faster.

that one could be an interesting cheating
I’d like the issue to be fixed by the programmers tough as it’s quite annoying to focus the hidden textfield again after every button press in the game

yes that’s a flaw
i spawn the enemies randomly on the perimeter of a circle around the ghost but I never really check if the names overlap
I guess I should check and stop one of the enemies movement as long as the names overlap

yeas I’m sure It’s not a new concept
today almost all games are a copy or at least a mix of previous ideas

Wow Verry cool game :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: i cant wait to see more of this game

2 Likes

just noticed, theres a bug where enemies still move on the pause screen

BrickStar’s Rating For This Project

Age Rating

The game is Rated for Everyone!

Quality Rating

Rated G for good! (Fear Rating because This game is stated as a test)

FeedBack

The Game is very Good! and very well made and the Visuels are Stunning! But it can get Boring after some Time and at one level it is near at Imposible to actually beat it.

Infos about the Rating