A small, small suggestion for HTML exports

This is hardly important, but I thought I’d mention this while I’m thinking of it. Since I’m exporting my Wick projects to HTML often, I’ve noticed that in an HTML export, the title of the file is always set to “Loading…” by default. The title of the HTML file is displayed in the tab of your browser when viewing that HTML file:

Image23
It also appears at certain other times - for example, I created a Wick project that you can choose to print from, and when the print dialog is brought up, by default it also displays the HTML file’s title, like this:
Image24
It’s not really an issue because you can edit your HTML file’s title by just opening the HTML file in a text editor and then changing the title to anything you want. But I find that when I’m frequently making updates to a project and exporting the results often as well, I sometimes forget to change the title - it needs to be changed for each export, because the title will always be reverted to “Loading…” by default.

Rather than having the title be fully customizable, even just having it default to the project name rather than Loading would be an improvement, in my opinion. As stated before, I’d consider this pretty far down on the list of possible features to add, but I just thought I’d mention it.

2 Likes

We have mentioned this a couple of time. They are aware, I mentioned that to Luca a few days ago… It is small update, that I think will be added in 1.19, and who knows they might be pushing that small change at 1.18 as well.

1 Like

I see! I had no idea it was being worked on already. That’s good to know :+1:

i think it’s just a simple change of the title in the html. you can kinda just go in and change it yourself.

these are the 3 instances of “title” other than the ones inside the <> and </>.
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.13.17 AM
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.13.24 AM
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.13.33 AM

2 Likes