Align Tool + Layer button

An align tool would be a good implement! I had to align something to the center of the stage and I had to guess the correct position of the object in order to put it in the exact center.
That can be done way easier.

Another thing that bothered me for a while is the “New Layer” button. I personally think it should be put somewhere around the “Delete/New frame/Add tween” menu. It will be way easier to add another layer that way. If you use many layers as most animators do, it can be frustrating. And the other simple but important thing is the appearance of the created new layer. By default, it comes under the last created layer. In every other graphic program, it comes over all other layers. It is very confusing for me and I believe for every other person who has used the Adobe products a lot.

4 Likes

I like these suggestions! The add layer issue in particular slowed me down a bit yesterday while working on a project. Adding the layer to the top definitely makes sense as well. We’ll have to take a look at this in version 1.17!

Alignment (and snapping) are also huge improvements we’ll want to add eventually as well. I’m going to add these as discussion items for 1.17 as well.

Keep those suggestions coming!

2 Likes