Boi Game Jam

I am starting a game jam so come and show off your skills.

1. if you do not have an idea for your game then the theme you could use is ‘deeper and deeper’

2. the game jam will start 9/25/22 at 2:30 PM PT (Pacific Time) and you can submit your game at any time from 9/25/22 to 10/6/22

3. judging will start on 10/7/22 at 2:30 PM PT (Pacific Time)

4. please submit your game in .Wick files

5. the judges are me and @awc95014

6. when it is judging time me and awc will judge each game and reply with our top 3 games

7. on the day before judging I will put out a poll and if the majority of voters vote for more time then I will extend the time by a week.

8. have fun and make some games.

5 Likes

I would like to participate. Thanks @gamer_boi !

Sounds fun, I’ll more likely join if I find time.
I might use some outside assets as well, are there any rules about that?

Good luck to everyone participating :)

2 Likes

I’m planning to use sprites from the internet… hopefully is not against this jam rules… :face_with_monocle: :cowboy_hat_face:

you can use any internet assets you want for your game, the art for the games will not get you or lose you points, the judging will be mostly based on how the game runs and how fun the game is to play.

2 Likes

maybe ill have an excuse to make a game… i’ll try it!

1 Like

Yes, I’m doing the same thing… I’m getting rusty.

ill join the game jam!

1 Like

I’m making an infinite runner. : )

2 Likes

the game jam has officially started you mat post your game any time from now to 10/6/22.

1 Like

I am making an infinite faller

1 Like

i dont think i can make it for the deadline…

ok well if you need more time then I will make a poll on the day before judging to see if I should add more time

Descent10-5-2022_14-55-35.wick (47.3 KB)
By the way, are we allowed to submit newer versions if the time limit is extended?

yes, you may update your game until the jam is officially over

does anyone need more time?

• yes
  • maybe
  • no

0 voters

if so how much time do you think you will need

• 1 week
  • 2 weeks
  • 3 weeks
  • 1 month
  • 2 months
  • something else (let me know how much time you need)

0 voters

@Hamzah_Al_Ani @Jovanny @SamTSM_YT @RocketKitty_Dev @Donut looks like you all are getting 3 more weeks to work on your games
so from now to 10/24/22 you can make and post your games, any games posted after the deadline will be played but not judged.

3 Likes

oh thank goodness

are using other peoples engines allowed?

1 Like

yes as long as the game idea is yours.