Brushes, node editing, and Physics

I thought I should mention a few features I think are important that are missing.

There is no oval, square, and rectangle brushes like there was in legacy Flash. Also, the pressure sensitivity needs to be improved because it doesn’t work well. Another thing I should probably mention is that when you use the brush tool and overlap fill it doesn’t automatically merge like Flash did. This may be a preference but I preferred that to the modern way of keeping them as separate objects that can be optionally merged later.

You can draw a shape and edit the nodes and curves but you can’t insert nodes on the spline. There should be a way to insert nodes on the curve so that you can sculpt shapes out that way.

Also, I would recommend integrating something like Box2D for physics and/or enabling a way to use javascript libraries so that we could integrate it ourselves. I know that wick editor probably wants to remain simple so it might be worth separating things like this out as optional extensions for more advanced users.

This is just a few of the thoughts that came to mind when I was playing with the editor. I grew up on Flash and I really love the direction this is taking and I hope that Wick editor becomes more suitable for more advanced art and games just like legacy Flash.

I’ll also add there’s a cool javascript library for 2d shadows called illuminated I believe which could be another extension.