Can someone help me to figure out how to make my stick figure walk properly

I’m a beginner and need help

2 Likes

That should do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y6aVz0Acx0

Good luck :)

2 Likes

thank you that was very helpful but do you know how to make your character with code? :grinning:

0 Likes

Hohoho, Sanata would say, I do not! I’m sorry, I’m just an animator. Programming is far beyond my understandings :slight_smile:

0 Likes

with code… code code code… I’m kinda the code-y person, so here’s what i’d do.
I would make a clip of the walking animation, then move the whole clip. If you don’t know how to do it, just let me know.

0 Likes

I’m not sure if there would be any way to animate using code without using some super complicated code, maybe using clone() or maybe using code to alter the x coordinate, the y coordinate and the rotation, but it would just be very complicated. I would suggest just to stick to animating it.

0 Likes

thanks for the tip

0 Likes

thank you for the help i will try

0 Likes

Hey @1w_Chris, you may want to look into the moving character example as well. You can add it to your project by

1. Opening the built-in asset window

04%20AM

1. Selecting the “Keyboard controlled” option. (This will add it to your asset library).

16%20AM

1. Drag the keyboard controlled option over to the canvas from the asset library.

1. You’ll have a controllable character in your project! Press the arrow keys to move it while your project is playing.

45%20AM

Also, you’ll be able to see this code inside the object that makes it work.

var speed = 7;

if(isKeyDown('left')) {
    this.x -= speed;
}
if(isKeyDown('right')) {
    this.x += speed;
}
if(isKeyDown('up')) {
    this.y -= speed;
}
if(isKeyDown('down')) {
    this.y += speed;
}

And lastly, here’s a video that you might want to check out if you’re stuck!

1 Like