Clips, Instances, and Auto-Update Feature

Clips and Groups don’t seem to have any features setting them apart, which is confusing.
To differentiate them, I think Clips should have instances and the ability to auto-update, and therefore they show up in the library while Groups don’t. By auto-update, I mean changing one instance of a Clip automatically applies those changes to all instances in the entire project. And like in Flash, you can also edit them by double-clicking its entry in the library. Clips would also have an option for whether they’re bound to the timeline (like Graphics in Flash) or not (like Movie Clips in Flash).

This seems promising. I really like the auto-updating and library functionality you’re suggesting. Would make putting together games and programmatic animations much easier.

Necro-post but I want to agree - nested clips that auto-update made flash a joy to work with - you could sketch your animation, get it to work, then go back and ink your final images. I just tried this (see my other post) but it doesn’t seem to work as yet…

Likewise the library functionality, you could have loads of clips and re-use at will, it was great!

+1
instances had also performance advantages