Cloning image problem

Hi
I have a shooter game with aliens as clips. I want to create more aliens from the existing aliens.
@Hamzah_Al_Ani helped me and someone else gave me this test file to give me cloning help which works for symbols created in Wick, but if I import an alien png cloning doesn’t seem to work. Is this a known issue? I have uploaded my test. Click the button runs the same clone code, but the image doesn’t clone. Am I doing something wrong?

2 clips, person (stickman drawn in Wick) & alien (imported png made into clip)
Mouseclick() function

var newperson = person.clone();
newperson.x = random.integer(0, 720)
newperson.y = random.integer(0, 405)
newperson.rotation = 0;

var newalien = alien.clone();
newalien.x = random.integer(0, 720)
newalien.y = random.integer(0, 405)
newalien.rotation = 0;

Mouse click shows new person object, but not newAlien object. No console errors.
Thank you
Greg
CloningExample5-23-2020_1-05-47PM.wick (418.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Greg

This does seem to be a bug with images. I added a second frame with just drawings to the alien clip and you can see that the alien clip does get cloned, but the frame with the image just doesn’t render.

I made this .svg trace of the image (using Adobe Illustrator), which works but is fairly complex so it gets slow when you have a lot of aliens:

alien.zip (61.7 KB)

Thanks for finding this bug!

3 Likes

This would be a nice addition.

1 Like

@Luxapodular, Do you think that this issue would be fix forma v1.19?

1 Like

This bug should be fixed in the current test branch

I’m currently fixing several bugs within the editor but should also be releasing newer versions of the downloadable editor in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

Ok, Ill be testing it tonight.