Collab: Blobblys Adventures

I don’t see why it would be a bad idea, I’d be glad to help with this again!
As a note though, some of the members in this team became inactive on the forums, so it would be a good idea to check in with the other members of this collab to know who is still around and who’s not.

I got you, I will check!

@WickNewbie @bluethe_bot_academy Are you guys still here?

Also @Hamzah_Al_Ani ou got any Ideas, or anyone to help, how will we revive this.

I could help, what do I have to do???

1 Like

I think we can improve the gameplay by implementing Baron’s platformer engine and my version of the vcam, after that we focus on the art and add some wallpapers and such. Maybe we could add a “level’s map” and a new starting menu… I still can’t see the file bc I’m on mobile, but I’ll check it when I get access to my computer later today.

And new character enemies and such

hey there, i kinda forgot about this ngl

i will not be active (like at all) today bc field trip from 2022-10-06T17:00:00Z2022-10-07T01:45:00Z

Okay, can you help with that I’ll talk to some other ppl about it too, thx

We need to plan a little, but you can check on the game and make ideas to help it evolve

Ok, thank you!!!

yw tell me if you come up with anything and we can get to working, you too @Hamzah_Al_Ani

We still doing the same kind of art style or are we changing it up?

we can if you want to, but it can also stay the same. I gtg we’ll talk about it later.

you can work on some new designs and monsters though, we will need more levels anyway.

1 Like

Just post any ideas you may have here.

Remade the project with some new things:

(I only focused on the coding part, not the art)

To summarize:

• Project moves at a higher fps than before :white_check_mark:
  • Added a progress bar :white_check_mark:
  • Checkpoints, start, & finish :white_check_mark:
  • pkplat engine (by @pumpkinhead) :white_check_mark:
  • Uses my vcam version 0.03 :white_check_mark:
  • Player hits go farther distance :white_check_mark:
  • Breakable block :white_check_mark:
  • Both arrow keys and wasd controls work :white_check_mark:
  • Enemies aren’t added in yet :x:
  • Pause button + menu aren’t there yet :x:
  • Beginning dialogue isn’t there yet :x:
  • We still need to plan the first level :x:
  • We still need to work on the art :x:

Since this is a group project, I thought using pumpkinhead’s platformer engine would be a better option since it’ll make it easier for you guys to add platforms in without needing to code anything (all you need to do is draw a square in the frame named “level,” and done).

Of course, right now we only have the “base” for the game done.
Here’s the file:
blobby2.wick (205.2 KB)

Note: Add art in the “Art” layer, and don’t use the “Platforms” layer for anything other than adding platforms.

Also, for this project, I think we should set a goal right now, for example, how many levels do we want to make in total? Around how many enemies would be a good number? etc.?

And let’s start planning how we’d want the first level to go as well.

1 Like

Will this game have a story or just “blob do funi thing”?

great!!! I’ll play ir.

A little of both.