Convert to symbol

Please complete the following questions!

Has this feature been suggested before?
Check on the forum’s search feature. If it has, please comment there with new details! No.

Is your feature request related to a problem?- No. Please describe.
A clear and concise description of what the problem is. Ex. I’m always frustrated when […]

Describe the solution you’d like
A clear and concise description of what you want to happen. I want an addition of convert to symbol just like in adobe animate cc because i dont want to make my stick figure animations look so weird

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
A clear and concise description of any alternative solutions or features you’ve considered.

Image/Video Explanation Optional
Attach an image or video that will make your feature easier to understand.

Additional context
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.

If you take a drawing and convert it to a clip, you can press CTRL + E to save it to your computer, then add the .wickobj to the asset library.

This isn’t exactly the greatest solution to your problem (which doesn’t sound like a feature suggestion to me since it’s already in Wick, albeit primitive), but it’s close.

Select your drawing or shape, then press Ctrl/Cmd + G to convert it into a symbol (here in Wick it’s called a clip) . Then you can press Ctrl/Cmd + E to export that clip onto your computer. You can then put that symbol into your Wick file’s asset library.

Unfortunately, Wick’s library is nothing close to Flash/Animate’s, so any changes made to a symbol won’t change for all instances of that symbol.

Obligatory “if you want Wick to act like Flash you’ve gotta wait for the blue moon to come” paragraph: If you really want Wick to act like Adobe Animate, you can’t, but there’s an old version called “Macromedia Flash 8” that’s pretty easy to download and activate nowadays. You can also try Vectorian Giotto if you don’t feel like downloading a program from the mid-2000’s.

1 Like