Elevator platform

Is there a way to make an elevator plat form that moves up while the player is on it because evetime I try it once the elevator touches the player or vise versa the game crashes

Any project that you could share, so we could help you better?

My Project10-2-2020_10-54-50AM.zip (478.8 KB)

so far i havent made the barrier move yet bc im still trying to make it work

It crashed becuase this line… speed doesn’t exist in this context.

Consider this project, this is an engine that awc95014 created. This has also a camera and other stuff.

1 Like

Hey @Chase_Spencer, I looked through your code and added a lot of things. Not to make anything complicated, I left comments for every single code in there so you could know what to change and what everything does. Here’s the updated version:

My Project10-2-2020_12-18-28PM.wick (5.4 KB)

Some extra info

Feel free edit the project in anyway

You could copy and paste platforms when needed, I tried to make the collision a bit more perfect. If the platform moves fast, change the value for the “numIn” plugged into that platform (don’t make it too high, it should be from 10 to 50). You can change the players speed from the player’s default script, it won’t mess anything up.

awc95014

Also, adding to what @Jovanny said, @awc95014 is a platformer genius who could create the most pixel perfect platforms ever! You could use his platformer engine if you’d like, he doesn’t seem mind

about perfection variable

I also added a “perfection” variable, this is how perfect the ball is on the platform, 0 is exact, but sometimes this prevents the hitest from happening, sometimes it doesn’t, it just has a pixel glitch that I don’t get, so I set it to 1, you can change that “perfection” to a decimal, or a higher number.

Every platform has its own perfection. The perfection can’t be more than the “numIn” variable

I’m so sorry but its not letting me open the file for some reason

Do u want me to share it in a different format?

oh nvm it opened it wasn’t working when i did that so i closed and reopened a couple of times

2 Likes

If you want to use my platformer engine, you’re more than welcome to! If you want to make your own engine then go ahead.