Platformer Engine 2.0.0 - Checkpoint/Finish Flags and Springs

Mario doesn’t crouch and look as expected, but the game looks gorgeous :smiley:

You’re making my day and it barely started

2 Likes

I think that these project and similar projects have so much potential that people should not ignore them. I had so much fun last night playing with your engine. Everything is implemented in a simple way, easy to understand and easy to add more content. Excellent job.

3 Likes

I fixed the upload, I guess I put a :stuck_out_tongue: emoji inside the upload and I never noticed. It should work now.

1 Like

Ok, I put a simple spring animation in the question blocks… it adds ti the player that feedback… it seems nice.

I think that we could collab a little with this engine… I have some ideas that we could discuss later, maybe trough inbox. @awc95014, I could’nt find a way to how to start a private forum/conversation to start collab small pieces…

1 Like

I asked the Discord. Hopefully, we can get an answer tomorrow.

Great, thanks. Ill be experimenting with adding a camera system tonight. I think that i can have something functional by tomorrow night.

I have some kind of vcam going. make sure the player’s name is “player” or it won’t work. I think that’s enough details…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UuLi0b3qfJ-IQtGrM1cJgqVvstbGbvhD/view?usp=sharing

@awc95014, Hi Baron, please send me a message to my g m a i l
jovannyrodz

We will be posting major releases as always, but not collab pieces… I think that there is nothing wrong about that.

What do we plan to do a collab about? It seems it has to do with this platformer engine.

Definitely. The platformer Engine. I have a functional camera with parallel scrolling implemented… It is waorking fine… It has an attempt of a moving platform, but I have to adjust something. In this html, you will notice a lag, but it is due to the huge backgrounds etc…

Mario_BJ_PE_2.0.19-8-2020_1-11-05AM.html (2.4 MB)

After tweeking some things, I’ll send you the wick file.

1 Like

Is the file ready to share?

Probably tomorrow. Last night at last I could solve the moving platform problem after 2 or 3 hours… the camera is working perfectly. You will see.

It’s good to know someone else is making the Platformer Engine / “Pixel Perfect”. I won’t be updating mine for a while.

1 Like

Here is the project with the camera…
Hope you like it, and find it useful.
B_PE_2.0.2.wick (231.6 KB)

1 Like

It’s beautiful!!! I love that the springs can ride on the platforms just like the player.

1 Like

You could subscribe any element that you want into the platform, but velocity must be added to the element.

how do you make it have multiple levels

honestly, i don’t know. the engine has a weird bug where collision no longer works when you go from one frame to another (it’s more complicated than that). you might want to see what @gamer_boi did differently, his platformer works.

this is an outdated file for gamer_boi’s game (the only wick file he ever released for it), but the level transitions still work.
platformania4-27-2021_16-35-39.wick (354.7 KB)