Embedding Content to the Editor

Wick editor can’t upload mp4’s into its asset library, but there’s an even easier way to do this, and it’s through using an embed code. I know multiple websites, in fact, a LOT OF WEBSITES that offer to turn content into an embed code, that could be added in an HTML script. I actually did a couple of test, this was possible with the editor, here’s an example:
My Project10-7-2020_3-48-42PM.html (2.1 MB)

You just have to type the link to any scratch project, and then it opens it in a new window.

All kinds of things have embed code, even youtube videos
(this is how, when I post a link to a yt video here, everyone can preview it)

I want to be able to embed things in the WICK PROJECT itself, not a new window. Wick doesn’t support this, but I feel like it’ll give us more tools to use, and this can even help with adding videos to the project!

4 Likes

luluulullulululllu
@Luxapodular

2 Likes

Hey Folks, I’d love to add mp4 support but for now this feature is a long way away! I may be able to add support for games to have embedded youtube/vimeo videos, but for now those may only work in playing projects.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for letting me know, and good luck with future updates : )

Sorry for reviving an old project, but I just randomly figured out how to do this through code

Here’s a file:
iframes1-14-2021_18-13-48.html (2.2 MB)

However, I can’t tell when the editor pauses the project in order to remove the embedded content, so my editor looked really weird with a mini editor inside :/

Here’s the code I used to create the iframe
(you can play around with the code to change position and size of the iframe):

code
project.createFrame=function(FrameSource,Name) {
    this.frame= document.createElement("iframe");
    this.frame.setAttribute("style","position:absolute;top:10%;left:20%;background-color:red;");
    this.frame.setAttribute("src", FrameSource);
    this.frame.setAttribute("name", Name);
    this.frame.setAttribute("id", "frame");
    this.frame.style.width = "25%";
    this.frame.style.height = "75%";
    document.body.appendChild(this.frame);
};

// I'll use the editor as an example:
project.createFrame("https://www.wickeditor.com/editor/","Wick Editor 1.19");

lol the iframe doesnt go away in editor when project is not playing so we can make wick editor in wick editor now

1 Like

I just figured that somehow the built in textbox removes it’s element after the editor pauses through an unload script, so I used that asset, and changed it’s element type to that of an iframe, and now it works successfully and anyone can easily use it in their projects :)

Here’s a file:
Embedding content into Wick (7.1 KB)