Feature Suggestion: Enabling External JavaScript Libraries Integration

Has this feature been suggested before? Yes, a user named “milen-prg” mentioned the idea of adding external JavaScript libraries on a GitHub issue for the Wick Editor back in July 2023. However, there wasn’t a detailed discussion about it at the time.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe. Yes, the current limitation is the inability to integrate external JavaScript libraries within the Wick Editor. This restriction often hinders advanced programming possibilities and limits the creative scope of projects. For instance, I’m always frustrated when I can’t utilize powerful libraries for complex animations or interactive elements.

Describe the solution you’d like I’d like the Wick Editor to have functionality for integrating external JavaScript libraries. This feature would allow users to import and use various JavaScript libraries in their projects, expanding the range of possible functionalities, from sophisticated animations to complex game mechanics. This would be akin to the Construct2 and 3 plugin capability.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered An alternative could be using other platforms that support external libraries, but this diverges from the convenience and user-friendly interface of the Wick Editor. Another option might be to manually implement certain functionalities, but this is often time-consuming and less efficient.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 090629

Additional context Integrating external JavaScript libraries would significantly increase the capabilities of the Wick Editor, making it a more versatile and attractive tool for a wider range of users, from beginners to advanced programmers. It could potentially lead to increased user engagement and help in growing the community and support around the platform.

3 Likes