Forum fighters Old HQ

no worries, the “coders team” would take care of that, just can u quote the walk cycle or upload it here, it’s kinda lost between these 1.4k replies.

Nevermind, I found it

wait we’re making customization? but i thought that you guys said it’d be hard because each character is very different

pumpkinhead, here’s how the style idea started

why does the head look like a screenshot?

@awc95014 and @Hamzah_Al_Ani
Snow Land or something similar…

I know that you mentioned not to add vcam/code etc… but my intention is to show how the stage should look like, not to be anything functional.

The stage is at frame 4.

platformer engine 2.1.010-1-2020_11-36-15PM.wick (904.7 KB)

3 Likes

yes?

simple text

Thank you @Jovanny!

I like the snowy theme :D
(this game might be released around December, so it’s always good to have snowy arenas)

(It’s freezing cold where I am right now)
:cold_face:

3 Likes

Cool :)
So let’s get to work

ffversion 0.5.9

I decided to work on forum fighters a bit this morning since I found some time, and I made a new “player select” menu. There’s also an option for a random player (incase anyone having trouble choosing). I tried to animate some of the OC’s to put them in a good pose, but I didn’t do much about the animating part.

I didn't put all characters in there

I DIDN’t PUT IN THERE ALL THE CHARACTERS. I tried to put only the characters that are working on this project, and we’re still gonna add more characters. If your character is in this project, and your able to have an OC, let me know plz, and thnx.

For those who wanna update this game

I left you guys a note in frame 1 (home) that should be quick to read. It’s just to help us know who changed what so we can’t know if a bug happens again (like the last ugly bug that made us go a version back).

What else did I add?

Now there’s a Vcam on every frame, and once u get to the winner’s frame, you’ll see a shortcut to restart the game. The shortcut isn’t that helpful since we remove the players that aren’t being used. It’s only there for testing purposes, same for the credits frame.

The credits screen has a note that says I WANT YOU TO TYPE YOUR NAME IN THERE, even if you don’t have an OC. It’s for the credits and keeping track of stuff. Start with animators, or coders, or designers, or whatever, idc.

VCAMS on every frame now! What does this change? Well, now the winner’s frame’s words won’t be going outside of the screen after you win :D

Things to start working on NEXT:

ANNOUNCE WHAT U WANNA WORK ON BEFORE STARTING TO WORK ON ONE OF THESE:

We have two arenas so far, we need to add @Jovanny’s other two amazing arenas. Anyone can start working on that.

New arena selecting frame! Make sure that the player can see what the arena looks like by using either icons or something…

Home Menu! When the player starts the game, there’s a home menu there. We might consider adding @butt’s cool art in there!

OC’s! We are looking for a new leader for the animating team! Start working hard on animating those OC’s and stay active for a chance to become the “CHOSEN ONE” (press “f” to respect Mojad).

Other stuff… idk, I feel like this is a very long reply, so I’m not gonna list everything. If there’s other stuff u wanna work on, just make an announcement before starting to work on the project.

Respect to Mojad ("f"), but we need an animator leader?

If your able to have an OC (Thank u, Baron, for the list), then start working on that right now. We wanna start moving forwards with this project, but take ur time. If your busy, I understand. You’ll have as much time as needed! Now, @Mojad left the team (“f”), so we need a new leader for animating. If someone with an OC pass doesn’t wanna animate their character and wants someone else to do it, just reply asking for help with an OC, and if ur an animator, try to take the job. The only requirement of an animator is a work pass! See Baron’s list to know if u have one. If your actually reading my long reply, secretly let me know by replying with a thumbs up and the hush emoji. If we, the people that didn’t need a test to get in (I might refer to them as the “Originals” or something), see that you’re working hard to help the team and is staying active, and actually got work done as an animator, we’ll hold a vote to make you in charge of the animating team!

Eww, why purple? Also, what's that weird button above the "?"

Ok, I needed to find a theme, I chose the color purple. That is not the actual color though, you guys reply with a color, and I’ll change it if everyone agrees. Also, that button above the “?” button is an “edit style” button. It does nothing right now since no one has any new styles ready.

Hamzah, u talk a lot, just tell me where's the project!

There is no project. I just made everything up to get people to work!

haha
jka
Ok, here's the project
Last one, I promise
Did I mention we have 6 OC's in the game?
wait, it's too big to upload, here's a link

YOU WELCOME

Also, did I mention:
I want u guys to start animating attacks for the punching/ kicking move
Also, this reply has around 300 words, u may ask, how do I get not bored of typing?
Here's your answer
I've TYPED LONGER REPLIES
My teacher also loves essays
so yea
and his class is a two-year course 0_0
thanks for reading
wait, did u even read everything I wrote?
reply with the num 15 if u did
well, this is still going
yea I should work on other stuff 0_0
Thanks for letting me waste ur time
just 5 more VVVVV
4 more
1 Like

player two uses the “,” key, and player one uses “e” for the first fighting move. Then there’s “q” and “.” and more for other moves. Right now, still getting those fighting animations done.

Yea, she or he is on my list for new coming up OC’s

Yea, I was gonna call him “he,” but didn’t wanna make mistakes so I typed both

Thnx for letting me know

I actually answered all the questions in the universe that could be asked about this project in my big reply, including your question.

here's your answer

15you forgot to include ffversion

wow, how did i forget!
I was planning to type it first thing but kinda got lost while typing that whole reply,
thanks for reminding me

I’ll edit it rn

idk, we might be able to make an arena that goes with the theme of our OC’s, but we have alotta OC’s already, so for now, I think we’re gonna just try to get those OC’s done with first.
(uploading sound files causes a lot of bugs, so I prefer to have that done last)

Here’s the F and 15 Hanzoh

Let’s start making the game repeatable, like not removing characters when they aren’t used. I don’t know why we have to remove the character select and map select if we just go to another frame, I’ll experiment with that maybe.

Imagine if that link was a rickroll oh ma gawd that would suk

1 Like

Thnx for that 15 : )

Yes, I agree, there is a chance that we could make this game restart without reloading (since reloading takes longer)

The character and arena select menu’s are not removed in the version I shared. I was also thinking if we have the players animated all in ONE clip rather than each in there own (of course, p1 and p2 are separate clips).

Again, thanks for that 15 and F