Forum fighters Old HQ

I definitely did not notice, it looks extremely different from what i perceived

the credits button is under the play button
(also I’m a fan of the new tunes!)
(what are their names?)

I liked the beginning of the almanac theme (also it kinda reminded me of kevin macleod’s music) but the green channel is kinda… bad. I think it sounds kinda atonal. I was too busy trying to figure out why it sounded weird, so I don’t have enough time to check out the other songs since I have class right now. I will check them out later.

I think the key is G major, but in the green channel you keep using notes outside that key, so that’s probably why. I’m not well versed in music theory so I’m not confident that this is true.

everything else seems fine

I think you’re right with the theme sounding too tense, I intended it to be more curious and uncertain but… it definitely didnt sound right. So I made the lead sound more resolved.

i called the almanac theme “Curious Leaves” (<-- I placed the updated link there)

I didnt give the credits music any name actually, i just named it “Credits?” since i was not sure if it sounded like credits music.

I might name the Alt Victory Theme after i finish it

Do you guys think it’s a good idea if we make a list of things that are needed to be done?
it could be like a to-do list where notes could be separated into categories like Art/Animation, Sound, and Technical (essentially what makes the game move, the coding stuff). and we can place an Ideas category for any ideas that we have that could make the game better.

I definitely like the idea of creating a list (in fact, I’ve created a lot for this specific collab)

Old lists

Below is an updated list of things to work on:

Linked Tasks

They have been listed by importance from top to bottom so do the first one first! :point_down:
*click a button on the top-right of the quote to jump to that post, more details are written there

Tasks

Below are tasks that you can help out with, be it Art, Programming, or Music!
If you found a task you can do, feel free to edit this wiki and write a comment next to it (but please let us know by posting a reply to this topic with a quote of your task)
*(don’t try to delete everything here because WE WILL KNOW :eyes:)

Programmers:

• Add in Jovanny’s arenas (around 3 arenas need to be added in)
  • Add in attacks
  • Replay button?
  • Keybind (after attacks! I can help with this)
  • Have players type in there names
  • AI (work on after the game is complete)
  • Get Fat_cloud’s animated character (animated by KringlePrinkles) in the game and added to the menu
  • Let’s try to get back the arena with the cave

Artists & animators

• Arena for people that left the game (don’t include Mojad… I might do this, idk)
  • Animate attacks! This might take forever, so it’s best to start early
  • mlgcoolguys_1, we need to get your character in!
  • Create an ad… do this last!
  • Add new people (KringlePrinkles) in the credits section (i will be on it -tryo)
  • Fat_Clouds designed arenas (she’s working on them)
  • What happened to the “bar” and the potions? (it died -tryo)
  • Butt, your art was made before some people left and others joined, so we might have to update it
  • Winning animation for every character (don’t focus on this too much)

Music People

Create music for every arena (snowy theme, alien theme, temple theme, etc.) (click to open)

Arenas with music

Arenas Without Music

• If there are any more arenas feel free to add here!
  • Home menu music (I might do a calm home menu music because of the title screen - KringlePrinkles)
  • Fighting sound effects (after fighting moves are all coded)
  • Victory music Currently “Ghawol’s Clock” is the Victory theme.
  • Credits music
  • Music & sound effects for the puzzles mlgcoolguys_1 made
  • music for anything else (including loading screen?)
  • Character sounds

Ideas:

• This post is a wiki, edit this post to add in ideas like this example:
  • EXAMPLE
add mlgcoolguys_1's Candy Mountain Stage idea

referencing to this post:

KringlePrinkles's Post

Note:

I hope this list lists the specifics and is useful for anyone who doesn’t know what to work on.
I would like to also mention that this is a wiki, meaning that anyone is able to edit this post!
Please edit this post to add more to the list, or to slash out things that are complete, or to put your name next to things that you would like to start working on.

This list has also some important things that some people might’ve forgotten that had to be done, so I think it’s necessary that everyone reads this list to have a stronger memory of what’s required of them.

Thank you! - Hamzah_Al_Ani

1 Like

Yah ok
Trm I’mma make the hall of frames
It’s going to be a scrolling map that scrolls thru the picture of the people

Imma place this here for the floating candy island arena music, cause if i didnt make this before i sleep id go ballers for forgetting what it sounds like

edit: nov 26

I made this just so that i could come back to this since i was going to sleep the moment i posted this (I don’t like forgetting ideas). Is there gonna be a candy mountain stage though? I’ll just add it to the ideas section for now

huh, i thought it was a floating candy castle island, its just the future stage… well i guess its a mountain now :man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing:

Karime Karymel Hights (Idea version)

looks like y’all making a big and cool game :D

1 Like

hello new wick user, do you wanna join my friends collab

I made another victory theme “Ghawol’s Clock” (or at least i changed the intial attempt of making an alternate victory theme, the initial alternate was too upbeat)

I made it more calmer than the first one, though im unsure if it still sounds like a victory theme. What do you guys think? Should i make it more rock/pop, or is it okay as it is?

3 Likes

i think it’s good as it is. if anyone thinks it’s too long, maybe you can take out a portion of the song.

howdy, @Magelin5 !
how your stay at the forums?

now to give an answer to this

Honestly comparing “Ghawol’s Doombox” to “Ghawol’s Clock”, i feel like Ghawol’s Clock sounds more fitting for a Victory Theme, so i feel like its best for the game. Plus its not in your face when it plays! (do give me your opinions if you guys want something different.).

I’ll add a comment next to this line in the wiki to link to the victory theme :man_dancing::

(curious question, can players choose between the two victory themes? :eyes:) Actually nah I think its fine :man_dancing:

I am in for this.

In for what? Are you gonna help us out in making the game? :eyes:

the invitation closed a long time ago. besides, one of our existing characters is already a stickman. so i don’t think we can let you join with a character, sorry. however, if you want to help in general, you can probably join.

actually i’m not sure about that either. we have enough people, we’re still working on it, and work passes and oc passes both closed in like september or something. so i’m for now gonna say you can’t join.

@Hamzah_Al_Ani @mlgcoolguys_1 if you disagree, tell me quick before rblx hates me forever.

I think we could make a github project/repository for this so we don’t have to constantly have to find the latest version of this when we want to make a new change. Does anyone disagree?