Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

Not sure I’d be able to answer that here on the forums since it’d be off-topic (rule #7).

I’ll send you an answer elsewhere though to avoid posting off topic things here.
1 Like

For some reason something inside me wanted me to share Steve Jobs speech… keep learning… life is about our experiences. Now you know more than 2 yrs ago… :wink:

vid

https://youtu.be/UF8uR6Z6KLc

2 Likes

As tryo said, wick is quite limited. We must either find a new editor or make this one better. FF is a very ambition project and it dying would break me. The forum fighters will prevail. I know it.

This is something that could put us all on the map. And making this has been a big journey. I’m very saddened by tryo’s “Departure” but if we find something better, ffr can live. A plant is a plant. With a bit of new soil and fresh water, this seed can be repotted. In the ground this time. And it will grow, flourish, and be admired by many.

This game, with a new engine could work, as shown by my we-lua performance tests, and when the kinks are worked out, this game can work.

Don’t let the flame die out
We all have a talent, let’s make something great. Here.
-JS

2 Likes

also has the devs ever did patches before? to the editor

… dude, project stopped 2 days ago.

ALSO HEY @Hamzah_Al_Ani IKINDA REALLY NEED THAT CONTRACT YOU WERE WORKING ON BECAUSE IF I DONT HAVE IT HERE I MIGHT DIE 12 YEARS FROM NOW MEGA SWEAT

I realise that some of the people who just dropped off a single asset and left might come back and haunt me if they are that malicious…

Please protect me from the law with the law

1 Like

Oh, I did not know. My bad! Maybe I was too focused at school that I didn’t have much activity in the forums and I didn’t see the messages.

Are we still going ahead with this vc?
since tryo left the whole thing just fell apart, and even though the coaster is stopped, the ride has only just begun. We’re not even 10% done and we already quit?
I feel as if nothing ever lasts on this forum and in my life and not many can stay dedicated. I don’t want to be rude, but i can’t help but feel semi-dissapointed.

anthony asked us to not do the VC for safety reasons, so we aren’t doing that.

i wouldn’t say that tryo let the project fall apart, it’s more like nobody wanted to keep it going. more like more like we wanted to keep going, but didn’t want to go through the work to keep it going.

we had the core mechanics, right? i mean, it ran like a chromebook but at least not a potato. we had… a good amount of stuff.

sounds about right, collabs on wick are really hard to manage

also sounds about right, i feel like people subconsciously don’t like collaborating in wick because it doesn’t allow easy collaboration.

it’s sad to see this project go, but i think it was a better choice than powering through a buggy game.

whoops wall of text

Maybe we’ll find a new engine to bring this to life…

Well, I did. :+1:

GO ON.

what is it?!?!

also i feel like i should mention this: i did some work in recreating this game in the Love2d game framework. so far i have:

• the biggie tree stage (the tree isn’t yet animated unfortunately),
  • baron and pkhead’s attacks (not jumbleton though, because his move set is terrible who would play as jumbleton if all his moves take like 2 seconds to wind up)
  • the title screen, buttons on the main menu, and a very crappy character select
  • very rudimentary multiplayer (i was just trying to get multiplayer to actually work)

(by some work i mean i worked about 20-30 hours in total)

:rage:

then make them take less time :troll:

If this is something we can somehow collaborate on then I’m all ears

Frankly, I’m a little hurt jumble, I’d never leave FFr, after all it is my adopted project and told you I was off to search for new lands. Which I did accomplish in that.

I’m sure you are all aware of “scratch” but did you know it had a bigger, stronger yet less popular cousin?
It appealed to me, since my plan was to invest years to learn the ropes of coding and Js for the perpose of re-coding the game in a different engine in my image. But it gave me a shortcut… A coding system in the flavor of scratch while also being hundred of times more capable: Gdevelop.

Now, I certainly can’t be seen advertising things like this on wick forums. Much less linking to another site! So this is a purely informative post to tell you where I’ve gone and what I’m planning, so far, I’m just doing theory crafting so that I can minimize having to go back on myself when coding,
The following photo is just a few of my many pages of planning…

Gdevelop is whole new world, and while it’s not difficult, it’s still challenging and new :p

Following me means not utilizing Js, and I new the rest of you work better with it.

1 Like

Also @pumpkinhead , you didn’t respond to the closure, but I assumed you read that FFr - at least within the wick editor - has been discontinued, I’m unsure why you are still working on it, are you doing it as practise or because you just wa-

OH.

You are working on transferring the project as well?!! Why haven’t you told us?!

He did post it on a thread in the discord server.

1 Like

I didn’t post about it on the forums because it wasn’t exactly about Wick Editor. Also, I started that project mainly because I wanted to practice making a game with Love2d. And Love2d doesn’t have good HTML5 support, and I’m not sure if being able to play this game on a browser is important. (Well, maybe if it can run Mari0 somehow, it can run this project, once I figure out all the stuff I need to do so that the browser lets the game access SharedArrayBuffers)

Anyway, even though I did put a fair amount of work on my Love2d port/recreation/transfer/whatever, I’m into switching over to GDevelop (even though i never heard of GDevelop and I’d suggest using Godot but whatever).

1 Like

I’m glad to see that the last tree had planted new seeds before falling.
I’ve also been hoping on creating a new version of this myself (in the future), for now I’m studying the other tools + engines available to me.

I wish you all the best of luck with your journeys! :four_leaf_clover:

As a reminder, the forum rules don’t allow conversations that aren’t wick related, so I advise to anyone interested in continuing this conversation to take it elsewhere.

I hope to get to see what this becomes :raised_hands:

1 Like

can i join?