Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

other few things, some of the back buttons don’t work, and now that there are 2 books, you can’t see the first book and turn its page.

patch thing. i was offline for a bit so couldn’t post this, i meant to post this in the evening (my time zone)… but no, parental controls struck. so i made the rest of this post in some random text editor that wasn’t meant to be a text editor. and now it’s the next morning. amazing.

• i made (at least most of) the buttons neater (meaning, i adjusted the x and y coordinates of the buttons to be neat)
  • in the settings, I removed the “back” button because there’s already a “confirm” button
    • I also aligned the “confirm” text onto the button neatly like all the other buttons, because… i know how to do it, I made the code that slides the text around when hovering
  • i did a thing with the intro where it would check how long the intro has been running for and go to the next frame when the time was right.
    • at the start of the intro, I defined let d = new Date() and defined project.intro_start_time = d.getTime();
    • on the last frame of the intro, instead of going to the title screen, it just stops
    • for the last few frames of the intro (not the whole thing, only like the last 5-ish frames), it will check if it’s time to go to the title screen, and when it is, it will go to the title screen
      • more specifically, it makes a new Date() and check if the time is 10400 bigger than project.intro_start_time (if it’s been 10.4 seconds)
      • if there’s a more accurate time than 10.4 seconds, feel free to change it, just make sure it’s in milliseconds
      • we can do multiple checks like this throughout the intro to try to make it synced as best as possible
  • i edited the taglines and added 2 myself, they are the first 2 (I put them in the front). if you don’t like them, by all means, remove or edit them.
  • i simplified the window titles (they’re still kind of long…)
  • i removed the numbers from my shirt in the title screen (they aren’t supposed to be on the back)

also, i’d like to suggest that we organize the taglines so that it’s easier to find different taglines.

• quotes
  • […]-free
  • “not […]”
  • “warning: […]”
  • egg recipe
  • song lyrics (assuming they aren’t copyrighted or whatever)
  • kind-of-serious or serious ones
  • really really dumb ones (for example, the grass one that goes MY GRASS NOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAA and the first tagline that I made in this patch)
  • other random and dumb things

FFR 1.4.37 R29-7-2021_18-24-27.wick (3.5 MB)

1 Like

i started working on the chapter select FFR 1.4.37 R29-8-2021_10-20-42.wick

you didn’t do anything, you just duplicated the arena select frame and made a new drawing.

teeny tiny patch. all i did was for the HP bar thing, i moved jumbleton’s frame to frame 4 instead of 3, because frame 3 is for tryobyte, not jumbleton. FFR 1.4.37 R39-8-2021_11-06-39.wick (3.5 MB)

other things to patch in the future:

• when starting a game on the game frame (not through the menus), my icon shows up in the HP bar instead of (jumbleton is apparently the new default player 1 when starting a game on the game frame).
  • the song intro is louder than the rest of the song, making it seem a bit unnatural. the repeating part of the song should be as loud as or louder than the intro.
  • each time you rematch, it gets laggier and laggier. the hit particles also stay there at the end of the game.
  • the hit particles appear on top of the countdown.
1 Like

I made the story character select screen for chapter 1 I cant get it to not let you select anything but peralfa. and I cant get peralfa to work FFR 1.4.37 R29-8-2021_12-14-28.wick

Note: forgot to add
Lasers of any type are neither

2 Likes

so based on playing with my friends:

• I need to be nerfed, a lot
    • my dash attack is really annoying, and it deals decent damage
    • there should be a longer delay before the attack starts
  • jumbleton needs to be buffed, a lot
  • jumbleton’s attacks are too slow and WAY too weak
    • jumbleton’s neutral ground is faster AND stronger than the side attack
    • a lot of them deal 2-4 damage
    • the strongest attack is the neutral air, which, let’s be real, is really hard to use
2 Likes

not really if you hit an enemy and they go in mid-air jump and use it and they should get caught into it if your talking about the attack I’m thinking of (ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᶠᵃʳ ᶦ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵈᵒ ˢᶦⁿᵍˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸᵉʳ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ.)

Hey baron can you revert the browser taglines

i guess, but why?

and while i’m here, we should probably talk about the layout of story mode. is it gonna be a world map thingy? or a book (because… it’s a story… and it has chapters… and books have stories that have chapters…)? or just plain old menus like what gamer_boi has been trying to do?

1 Like

Book.
It should be a book.
Story mode with chapters
A book like the almanac, with chapters, secrets, and more story goodies
But in case not everyone agrees

• Map
  • Book
  • Circle menu

0 voters

I think it should eather be a world map or a book

reason

a world map could have secret pathways to secret and powerfull characters that take a special challenge to get
a book could also be cool

i dont know if a book could have secrets

You could collect ripped pages throughout the game like in myst

3 Likes

i remade the storyselect screen edit: now p1 cant move FFR 1.4.37 R39-10-2021_12-26-35.wick (3.7 MB)

“menu” style
I’m working on Book and map style next
(Note, these are all examples)

1 Like

I made railriders cus i was bored

My Project9-12-2021_15-52-41.wick

1 Like

please… read
(be it, its cowboy themed)

2 Likes

ok look,
Chapter. 1
Where the Rails Roll
below is an extremely rough design of the theme and map (minus the train)

ok listen very closely
because of the way i work, i make ideas in my head perfect them, bury them, and them only remember if someone asks me.
so do me a favour, spam me questions about the first chapter’s lore, characters, design, ANY QUESTION i might have the answer to, ask me in discord or a single post here in the forums.
you know what to do

3 Likes

should old-baron and triobyte have the same chapter since we are planning on having the same lore?

can you give us a super rough outline of each chapter? (main characters, setting, conflict)

what will your own character be like?

have we freaking finished chapter freaking zero?

why is toria’s map the 3rd arena? shouldn’t it be plane-related?

are we voice-acting?

what the heck is that 11-ish-frame clip with thingies on the left side the menu screen? it looks like a bunch of paintings but so far it’s just numbered.

what are we gonna do for the main character?

• how about… we ignore peralfa/temperi/whatever and just make everyone their own main character for their own chapter
    • if you need a better way to put it, I guess it’s like the dream smp where (almost) every streamer is the main character of their own stream
  • or we can just figure out how to weave in a main character…
1 Like