Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

I was the one that redid the almanac with a gui, it was in 1.4.3.6
Kringle is doing some design updates to it and filling it in.
Also, @KringlePrinkles do you have an ETA date for 1.4.3.7

1 Like

like any insane person; its all in the head

2 Likes

Hey so I just noticed something days ago:

Whenever I set the hitbox duration to 1, it does not appear
with 1 frame

but it DOES appear when I set the duration to 2
with 2 frames

Meanwhile how is this for the start and end match sounds? (The button beeps for the count down sounded satisfactory for me)

2 Likes

if you’re talking about my button beeps, I think using my “3-2-1” and your “go” would sound really weird. but if we made a new “3-2-1” sound that was made to complement the “go” sound, that would be better.

edit: now that I listen to it again, I have no idea what the “finish” sound is meant to be. i’d imagine that it’s meant to be a whistle, but it sounds very… deflated (can a whistle be deflated???)…

i was thinking the 2 special moves would have maybe 10 or 20 second cool-downs and last for a short amount of time.

a bit ago I did a bit of work on the character select screen and got it to work and then I couldn’t find anything to do and then the school year ended and I lost contact for a bit. I will try to contribute a bit more.

yeah cool game but what happened to my background?

What background?

if you filter this topic to only show breidy’s posts, you’ll find this file.

I was referring to the ones we already have in the game, although I can make unique ones to differentiate the button clicks that we used for the count down.

Meanwhile I’m redesigning Urban Heat (Watrmeln’s stage), because it looked… just okay.

I’m still working on it at the moment, but what do you think of the stage layout?

1 Like

woa woa hold on i did not improve the projectile system, pumpkinhead did!
so it should be:

1 Like

Hey kringle, do you have an ETA on 1.4.3.7?

oops thanks for catching thatttt

for the stage layout, I think that looks great.

for the current 3-2-1 sounds, I think it could be made a little more… dramatic? it kinda just sounds like an autotuned microwave (that was a joke, but still).

for your “go” sound, it looks like you’re using a beep, gunshot, and MLG horn. I think the beep could be a little louder. (you could also mess around with what note the beep plays by changing the pitch) and we could use the exact same beep for the 3-2-1 part but an octave lower.

if I ever get accepted as a character (which is really low) I made a rough draft of what my animations could be (I’ve gotten rusty at wick editor so that’s why the art is bad)
My Project9-5-2021_22-37-24.wick (116.7 KB)

ok, so, random possible lore or filler-lore or random dumb filler stuff.

since i’m planning to redesign my character (or at least thinking about it) to be something more interesting than a circle and rectangle with 4 stick thingies, we could do some 4th wall breaking in which stick-figure-thing-me was replaced by new-me, and stick-figure-thing me is angry about being replaced about it and wants to fight, but new-me has no idea what’s going on.

• that sounds good
  • i mean, i guess, that works
  • i don’t… really… care… that much…
  • … why though
  • NO

0 voters

this poll closes wednesday morning (for my time zone)

Now you wouldn’t believe it…
but that was my plan on why triobyte was gonna be an antagonist …
Oh my god XD

1 Like

uhhh, we can have some like common-goal ultra anime very-cool team-up thingy… (not quite anime cuz the 2 people teaming up aren’t necessarily rivals with a common enemy, they’re just 2 people with a common goal) (i’ve never watched anime, no offense)

which can turn into… 4 p l a y e r t e a m m o d e (i’m kidding… we don’t have cloud/online play yet, we can maybe consider it if we do that…)

I’m feeling a little lazy, since I took to long adding a few things, but I finally added sound effects

• Merged 1.4.36 with an unreleased update:
    • A new void death animation
    • A better, more functional camera:
      • can target and zoom on many targets
      • Has three modes:
        • ‘Fixed’ fixes the camera onto a point
        • ‘Anchor’ anchors the camera’s movement
          onto a point, yet still follow the targets
        • ‘Free’ just allows the camera to follow all
          targets without restriction
  • added some sfx:
    • button clicks, character ready and unready
    • all basic hits
    • footsteps (wood, grass, rock)
    • jumping
  • Included Jumbleton as a fighter
  • new hitbox option: AOE, which (when true) pushes the victim away from its center when colliding, instead of pushing towards a direction. Will pull towards center if set to negative!
    • the fraction of the knockback is dictated by how close the player is to the hitbox’s center (the closest being almost 100% of the knockback, meanwhile 0% if set to negative)
    • …at least I think that’s how it works…
  • Improved stage 2
  • Changed project.sfx and project.music into objects for easier organization and switching of sound assets.
  • polished the Almanac, renamed section to library
  • improved volume control and key binding in settings (does not save permanently at the moment)
    • I’ll fix it later on a patch.
  • made the intro music a little faster to make it easier for the title to bop to the beat. it half worked.
  • cleaned up any redundant code for recoil

FFR 1.4.379-7-2021_18-39-26.wick (3.4 MB)

I’ll just say I’m feeling a little lazy, but now we can start making special attacks for the next update.

4 Likes

Just did a smorgasbord of small thingys (3.5 MB)
v1.4.3.7 r1

what’s this thingy? it shows up on all the pages of the almanac.

It’s part of the table
I fixed it in my r1 patch

1 Like