Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

yo what since when did you change the menu music??? and the sound effects are awesome waahhttt

can you put the song on soundcloud or something I wanna listen to it, even if it’s a looping song

and… don’t you have, like, school? (or a job if you’re already past school idk) (or did school just not start yet or something)

YES
YES
SO MUCH YES
But whats the orange thing
(Can you make the font quicksand)

say no more

honestly, I think we should let kringle do this sound, whatever app/website/software he’s using is clearly better than beepbox for sound effects.

until kringle releases the update, no one else can really do anything directly to the file…

but if you want to create or conceptualize (make specifically for reference, not directly for the game) sound effects, music, arenas, etc, you can probably do that.

I have until the 13th of September, which is when school starts :popcorn:

I just use Audacity to record sounds that I made from the stuff at home, and change/break/modify it with the built in effects I was given. I’m glad the sounds are satisfactory, because this stuff is quite fun… although a little time consuming since earlier I had no idea what I was doing.

you remember this right? you skip to the time 1:16/1:39 in the video:

It’s your lava down :popcorn:

2 Likes

I made a new character My Project9-1-2021_17-59-24.wick

ATTACKS

normal: a simple punch

normal2: a simple kick

special: stop time (the oponent cannot move for 10 sec)

special2: time rip (a rip in spacetime appears and makes you slightly visible and invunerable for 3 seconds)

BACK STORY

tim was born in 1979 and moved to arizona when he was 9 years old on the new year of 1999 he left the house only to kick an old pocket watch by accident he picked it up and checked the date “1899” 100 years ago “that can’t be right” he thought and dusted it off to get a better look at it. it indeed was made in 1899. he cluched it going to put it in his pocket, when everything around him started flashing in all the colors of the rainbow. he rubbed his eyes to make shure he was’nt going crazy when he realized he wad floating in the air. he turned around to see a huge clock moving clockwise really fast then he appeared later 2021.

this is a alternate story to an animated video seres im working on called “Tim Traveler”.

so basically…

… i did exactly what i told jumbleton/watrmeln not to do.

i’m sure it can be drastically improved. i’m not sure how to make it sound better, it sounds a bit flat…

and we should seperate the “3”, “2”, “1”, and “go” parts and put them in where they need to be, in case of lag (even a little bit of lag will probably make it weird).

First, I forgot, explain context.
Second, if you wanna join show me what you got! >:3

Bro,
I know a thing about games. And I have to tell you.
On demand invincibility and the ability to stop the other player from doing anything is too overpowered

You might want to rethink those special attacks

Also, it’s been a few… Weeks? Months?
Could you remind me what you managed to contribute?

should we make like a github repo or a shared google drive folder to put the latest version of the game, and to archive earlier versions of the game? and then while working on the game we replace the contents of the file with our new file. i think a github repo would be much better, because of github’s merge pull request thingies whatever it’s called. hopefully that’ll work properly on a wick file.

can you even do that? i haven’t seen what’s in the wick file code but at least in the html, the code is a long and complicated key that gets… decrypted? de-keyed? … decoded. so i’m not sure how you’re gonna merge a key… (that said, i haven’t seen what’s in a wick file, only an html file)

edit: so far the json looks like a hot mess (yes that’s the scrollbar on the right)

so we should probably use a google drive folder instead.

For anyone who doesn’t know, A Wick File is structured like this

Project.wick
Project.zip

Project.json

Assets

whatever.jpg
my song.mp3

I’m pretty sure he created the placeholder character, and that’s it. i can’t think of anything else.

for characters, after we’re done, if we don’t have enough characters (which we probably won’t) we can hold a character contest to get some well-designed characters.

do you think we already have enough members? (you, me, kringle, watrmeln, pkhead)

My friend Dylan made an absolutely sick story mode character but I’m not sure how we’re going to share it.

Also, the main menu theme is currently called rohstedye, but it doesn’t really fit the game, maybe we should rename the song to something like “Forum Fighting”

Eh, we’ll see

actually, speaking of which, @Hamzah_Al_Ani says he’s slowly coming back (welcome back :D), so i’m not sure if he’s interested in doing anything else for the game?

and assuming @shadow-slayer is interested in working on the game, what do you want to do, and what animations/games/music/art have you made in the past, not necessarily for FFR or from wick editor?

1 Like

I know it’s incomplete, but just wow, with such talents and teamwork, you guys already have an amazing project with much colorful complexity!

(And I must admit @KringlePrinkles, your art is far too amazing!!)

I don’t know if I’m ready to rejoin this collab yet (since idk what’s going on in the current file), but I do know that I’d be more than glad to help out when possible! Thus, I may start back again by working on adding some side improvements to the file, such as ways to compress the project and that type of stuff.

Speaking of which, can someone link the latest file if possible? I’d love to have a peek at this work of magic…

1 Like

I seriously advise you wait for 1.4.3.7, it has a buttload of content on the way

2 Likes

Agent H.A you’re back from your mission!
welcome back!

1 Like

so basically, kringle’s been REALLY hard at work (the rest of us… are kinda just chillin’…

I went to the post where you announced your departure, and scrolled down to mark some events. this is a list of all the stuff we did to the game:

• kringle made a bounding box for the vcam (i think it’s super experimental)
  • kringle made some epic void-death effects
  • pkhead made some pathfinding shenanigans
    • (we learned what dunning-kruger effect is)
  • tryo really wants to make easter eggs
    • he says he has plans for the story but from what i remember, we’re still on chapter 0…
  • i made a list of sound effects
  • watrmeln conceptualized his character
  • tryo had a spiel about what some weird code means
    • he also suggested that you (hamzah) die in the story, because you left the forum… well now we can decide on that suggestion i guess
  • kringle made jumbleton
  • kringle made (or remade idk) the almanac
  • watrmeln suggested we call ourselves “sourcery softworks”
  • tryo conceptualizes blocking (in the form of drawings, not code)
  • kringle made sliders and a keybind changer in the settings (idk if they’re functional or not)
  • pkhead improved the projectile system (adding projectile-specific functions and fixed the projectile delay bug)
  • kringle made a bunch of sound effects
  • kringle edited some stuff in the map and character select
  • kringle seems to have updated the main menu music
  • I made a subpar 3-2-1-go sound effect

so as you can see, kringle’s basically carrying.

but he has school in like 10 days.

and i have school.

and a bunch of us either have or will have school.

so… idk what to do now.

1 Like