Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

Tryobyte explained that his character was inspired by prisms (he likes prisms apparently), so I assume that he might be a humanoid prism… Although I guess I was not paying attention because I didn’t mention it to you guys or even wondered how clear that was…

I’ll just either rewrite the description or change his design so that it’s clear that he’s a humanoid prism.

Meanwhile…how is this description?

2 Likes

pk why do you have such an old file? (1.4.29 vs 1.4.3.6 r1)
also, kringle is working on 1.4.3.7

that’s cuz i wasn’t really keeping up to date in the past few weeks. but, as i said, it should be fine. just merge my changes into the latest version.

hello guys

could I get the latest ffr wick file or html file please

I manage to finish both Baron’s and pkhead’s attack sounds, the footsteps and jumping.
I’m almost finished with jumbleton’s sfx, I just needed to make the button sounds last.

(It makes me wonder so much how on earth was my speaker audio this bad, it was not like this before)

1 Like

… Why do you want it?

So I decided that recording from the ‘Stereo Mix’ (which records exactly whatever is coming out from the speakers), so you can hear the fighter sounds very clearly now.

(meanwhile if the video doesn’t work, that’s on me. I was trying something)

3 Likes

well since @Jordy also added HTML maybe they just wanna play it.

yeah I just wanna play it

Why it seems that everything is moving in slow motion?

i’m guessing it’s just lag on his end since the sound effects are playing at full speed.

did you redo the menu song?
also, when will the update be done? I’m dying to play it.
Wait hol up, we have a god knows how big story in the making, but big wick projects take up lots of room, and are laggy.
How are we gonna execute this?

1 Like

I was thinking of depending on the soon-to-come Wick Editor 1.20 to make it all run in normal speeds, since they are refactoring the renderer into it, but worse comes to worse, we convert most of everything into images.

I assume it is because of all the lines and fills, but if that does not work then I have no idea. I don’t have enough experience in game dev, with Wick Editor especially, that I might as well search up online or ask.

where can i figure out what’s being updated in the editor? the github looks untouched for many months for me.

That was what I was wondering these past few months :popcorn:
‘I was just going off from Forum posts, specifically from here.’

Ahhhhh!
Everybody itty bitty tinie tiny!

On a serious note,
Perhaps it’s better to increase the scale of the characters.
Let’s try to scale baron to nearly the mushroom platform and adjust the others from there :3

1 Like

it looks like if you try slide the slider all the way to the side, it will sometimes get caught and not go all the way, like this (the mouse goes beyond the slider before the slider goes to 100, and the slider doesn’t go to 100 afterward):
Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 1.57.34 PM

this should be relatively easily fixable (I’m not actually completely sure).

is there any way I can Help?

haha hehe funny kid go wa hee

‘Okay so I spent the last half of the day trying to use Hamzah’s method of changing volume (the fading thing), so that I wont have to change the volume of all the sounds. I kinda got it to work, but I don’t hear the volume changing… sadness…’

I’m recording the menus from a computer instead of my laptop, so it seems faster? The gameplay was still albeit slow, unfortunately that jumbleton’s sfx end a half second or so earlier than the animations.

I think I only need to do the rock footstep sounds, the “3-2-1-GO!” and “FINISH!”, then I think I’m done (unless I include scaling the characters, although I’m considering reanimating and rescaling them in the next update).

I’ll continue tomorrow

2 Likes