Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

I think there should be an optional two-player mode. I know it’s going to be a bit weird though because of a lack of space on the controls. But that does not change the fact that two-player mode would still be fun.

1 Like

We could try doing a story mode and a 2p mode

I guess we could use wat’s keys for 2p …

I don’t know about this, I’m thinking that using the movement keys would dictate the direction of the attack in opposition to the mouse (which results in different moves for either on ground or on air). The mouse feels more suited for 2d shooters in my opinion.

Meanwhile, I thought that the changable attacks replaces a move from your moveset that changes their playstyle, so why would we have different weapons?

(edit) Ok so I might’ve forgotten how the weapons worked and I have reread it again, so forget the question regarding the weapons.

i thought about this concept in the previous FF but it felt … wrong. Nothing against you but because having to press a mix of buttons to get a certain outcome WHILE trying to out menuver your opponent is not really a good idea…

1. incase your still confused Weapons are a type of changeable attakc

heres an attack I made because o something I did today My Project4-8-2021_22-05-03.wick frame 4

About that… Not bad BUT
Your gonna need to put in more time and creativity into thinking up of a more detailed and unique character. Seems my youtube recommendations are similar to yours because I know that your character and villan Is both based on Paper mario and the origami king

Now MAYBE I can let the paper consept slide but you’ll have to draw a new design and a new consept for your villan, the attacks are fine tho, just needs an up in quality

1 Like

That’d be cool if the paper character could turn 2D and appear on the wall/floor
Also, what about an earth villain?
The earth villain would be able to shoot up rocks and earth from the ground like in avatar.
Or a time villain?
They would be able to turn back time

hold on…

1. the game is in 2D (or at best, something id like to call 2.5D where only some things are 3d, most characters, however, will be 2d
  2. earth villain, time villain , other…

sigh… you guys are always bouncing between taking away want i say too literally and not taking anything in at all

heavily simplified: villains are the “corrupt” version of fighters
if i use corrupt you guys boil it down to much…
maybe we can have a villain themed around those but…
BE CREATIVE
I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOUR CAPABLE OF
SEE WHAT MAKES YOU SPECIAL
when i see what you have made i want to think “oh my gosh, what a creative and cool idea! i kinda wish i thought of that” not “wait… I’ve seen this before”
IMPRESS ME
THINK OF SOMETHING NO ONE HAS DONE BEFORE
MAKE. ME. PROUD.TO.WORK. WITH. YOU
I BELIVE IN YOU

its fine to be inspired but try to grow something new

Mother dearest says I’m special :triumph:
But in all seriousness I do have an awesome idea:
Just having the corruption inside the game is boring and doesn’t immerse you in the game. It would be so much more immersive if the corruption made its way to you by corrupting your save data and the game in general. I did some research on self-modifying JavaScript but for security reasons it’s not possible, so cookies would be the way to go. But normal cookies are boring, so we should use supercookies (https://github.com/jonasstrehle/supercookie) which use favicons as cookies, and aren’t as easily deleted. These cookies would corrupt the game and save data if you lose.

This triggers my privacy and security disregard alarm

Then boring cookies then

haha, as much as id like to corrupt someone’s com, it’ll probably get me arrested.
but… that is a pretty good concept
i like the idea of the game itself corrupting
maybe while the game plays out the player has to suffer from minor glitches Phill sends you, like projectiles having a shorter range, or a pause button that doesnt work.
that could work… giving the game scripted glitches.

2 Likes

BLOODY GENIUS
Kinda reminds me of terraria debuffs a bit
Also we could make it look like the pc is corrupting like how that one game Farfalle OS makes it look like it’s deleting your steam game saves

1 Like

Once canvas elements can be used

Or a glitch where everything freezes and you have to reload

1 Like

And we could use local storage to determine if it’s past that point

1 Like

or you could pretend to reload, its scripted remmeber

1 Like

reloads are harmless, i don’t think a fake reload is needed.

well… lets just make it scripted because its just more… clean

1 Like