Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

both ways work really
h.a way

• cooler
  • makes the idea of the player using switstyle
  • leaves room for creativity
    but
  • might leave scritped events a little werid looking/ chunky
  • if the player draws too much it might visibly get in the way of some parts of the game

tryo way

• simple
  • cute
    -cut scenes may feel more natural moving, or more detiailed on the players asset, since we only have to think about 6 more or less similar outcomes
    but
  • could be a little more boring then drawing
  • H.a way
  • Tryo way

0 voters

also, people how are not participating in the collab, please do not vote.

I have a concept swiftstyle ui here, also the overdrawing problem can be fixed by limiting the canvas for making a character to a certain size

still would be hard to make fluid in animation process tho…

GAH
Also I forgot, I’m still working on an update in the 1.3.25 v2 version
Later, could some one help me combine mine and pk’s

Why not just develop both? We can have Tyro’s idea as a fall back alternative in case something goes wrong, since the process for that sounds more straight forward (using clips to switch between accessories); then we could try out, test, and develop Hamzah’s idea. We may or may not use only one of these methods in the end, but it’s an idea

…also sure I can merge it. Just give me a list of things you’ve added once you finished.

2 Likes

Do you think we should include a changlelog/patch note screen in game for this?

Already dojing it

Oh cool if you guys will have me I’d love to have a character and help promote the project or just help (but I understand if your to far in the process to add a whole new character)

Also, for the sake of making an immersive experience, we should primarily find a way to make Hamzah’s idea work, as having a way for the player to REALLY get in the world of the game makes it that much more of an experience

Nah, we’re still early in sorta, me and some others are trying to get our ocs in

K ill gladly help on some art assets or really anything just @ me when you need something

bruh he’s the original creator also its up to @mlgcoolguys_1 if he’s gonna be in ffr your not the leader of the collab

but what if someone wants something other than a human or humanoid character?

maybe we just let them make their own character (idk how though)

Regarding TyroByte’s character, I only have seen his appearance in the old image references in past Forum Fighters Topics (and one appearance in pumpkinhead’s comics)… So I tried to have him, in a way, fit the game? Maybe we could stick to the stickman tyrobyte, but I’m asking for your opinions.

I only made this sketch in MS paint for time

4 Likes

i want tryo way cant vote

WOW THAT IS VERY D a p p e r

I like the not-stick-figure Tryo better.

just decided to go through kringle’s music, I found a few that could potentially fit in. idk, just a few song ideas. not that we have to go with these.

win music (the intro, especially, goes well with a win song): https://soundcloud.com/kringleprinkles/spoiled-chicken-legs
credits?: https://soundcloud.com/kringleprinkles/man-dancing

idk: https://soundcloud.com/kringleprinkles/incorrect-answers

I was a little caught off-guard by you using my music as references. not in a bad way, just a little surprised.

summary at bottom

just a rebuttal to Tryobyte’s rebuttal to my claim, the debate over whether 2nd-person or 3rd-person is better. (2 turned into 2.5)

the main reason i wrote this was because i forgot there was a poll right at the bottom lmao, but i wrote enough that i’m just going for it anyway.

oh yeah, is the main character the newcomer person? I’m assuming it is.

you can easily be in 3rd person while focusing more on the character. if you just do a bit less outside stuff. for example, other people’s POV’s can be shown less often, the story can stick mostly to the newcomer’s group, and people can direct more tasks toward the newcomer.

our story is neither an instruction manual or a CYOA. (EDIT: i think i know what you mean now)

not a rebuttal thing, but how about when you start the game, you are presented with a forum-like login page? it’s more forum-like than coming up to me and getting a username/appearance from me.

transferring consciousness (not really, my phrasing is partially a joke) is a very strange way to play the game. in 3rd person, you just play as them, without any consciousness transferring (again, partially a joke)

as stated before, there are some subtle ways to stick closer to the main character. it will shift the story a bit closer to the player without feeling restrictive.

2.5nd/rd/th person view is a good compromise, but my big problem is the consciousness transfer thingy. so i still think that 3rd person is good as long as you don’t frequently stray far from the main character/user. the vote shows that the majority is overwhelmingly on 2.5d, but i wrote too much before finding out, so this is posted anyway.

3 Likes