Forum Fighters: Rewritten (Discontinued)

A little code question, how are we gonna pull off saves? Are we going to use localstorage flags and save slots?
Like in one slot, theres a progress/position switch, a cosmetic switch, etc.
Will it be autosave or manual save like after battles or obtaining items?

cool thing

2 more posts until this thread is as big as OGFF!

i’m guessing we use localstorage for everything. we could also generate save codes and allow users to paste them. but that allows for a lot of cheating. that said, I’m guessing there’s plenty of ways to change data in localstorage to cheat.

as for when to save, i guess after every level beaten. or something.

1 Like

this thread is now as big as the ogff thread!

I think It would be more convenient to use switches builtin to the game i'll update this post with a ui mockup Edit: https://forum.wickeditor.com/uploads/short-url/jDpAv2lQwTcn1rx9I7wQgFvJb0L.wick

Agreed. We should maybe find a program that takes care of cheaters. Like take them to a message saying “You really thought huh? You thought you could get away with cheating, so, we shall make sure you play correctly.”

I also think we could also stop piracy with this.

the only thing with antipiracy, is…
Are we going to sell this game, or will it be freeware? We’re still very early in development, so this might not be decided. I’m thinking that we can give the base game (Quick Play) for free, and Sell the full game (Story mode)
We wouldn’t need antipiracy as the base game wouldn’t have story mode at all, and the full game is only accessible with payment.
Another thing, will this be open-.wick

Since this game is not multiplayer, if a user chooses to cheat, it would only affect him. The game experience will be ruined for him only, so I don’t think it’ll matter if they decide to cheat or not.

I actually got this idea from a source pumpkinhead shared here… it’s better worded this way:

4 Likes

well if we sold the game, nobody would buy it.

I’m guessing you mean that people can access the wick file instead of paying for the game, which is very true.

the problem with this is that i think we are planning to make this multiplayer.

1 Like

i don’t think anything in local storage would affect the multiplayer matches. unless we have some sort of leaderboard. multiplayer’s only gonna be for playing matches right? no stat saving or anything?

the only thing we should have to worry about regarding cheating in multiplayer matches, if we don’t store game wins/losses e.g. for a leaderboard, are exploits like player noclipping/flying or hitting the other player from an unreasonable distance. but honestly we shouldn’t try making an anticheat – there’s no leaderboard or anything. and probably only a small percentange of players would use exploits in the first place, since there’s no real incentive to cheat in the first place as there isn’t a prize for winning/losing. only like people who are mad cuz they’re bad or trollers.

4 Likes

I don’t really know if this really should be made by giving people Wick Files. It kinda bothers that gameplay. And-- if some youtuber tries to play the game, the editor might disturb them.

1 Like

Also, for piracy, if this game is for free, the reason I’m agreeing to add a program to stop piracy is because there could be websites that use our games without permission. Sorta like eBuams world (correct me if I spelt the name wrong)

1 Like

i want to play a part in the making of this game like I want to do the art or at least some of it

1 Like

just some fighting concepts.

3 Likes

we already have a fighting system and ui
FFR 1.5 - Balancing n’ Bugs (being fixed!)1-11-2022_16-55-44.wick (4.0 MB)

1 Like

well, this message is unnessacary but alan becker also had his animation on eBaums. The file could be taken without notice. Besides, Alan finally took back the animation for eBaums. Problem with that is that you might not have contact with eBaums.

1 Like

What? That’s not what I said. I just used the web as an example.

1 Like

Love it! My try some myself if I’m ordered to by higher ups.

It’s a very nice game but what do the four empty characters look like?

Well technically we might not have made icons yet. I don’t know.

Hey @awc95014
When is summer again? I don’t get seasons

Very soon, I’d guess. Depending on where you live, schools/colleges can start their summer vacations around April typically, with up to two weeks back and about a month ahead varying on location.
Except Australia and Africa (and South America but that doesn’t exist), obviously, but back in January, Summer would’ve been around/receding in Australia.
In my case summer’s already here, but summer and summer vacations are different.

1 Like