Got an empty head 😞

Any idea on what I should start working on?
New idea for anything, from animation to games?
( A reply would be great, all ideas appreciated!
I’ll also let you know before using it, and give credit :)

Thanks,
~Hanzoh Alani

1 Like

hi @Hamzah_Al_Ani
I am still trying to figure out walk cycle. I can do it if I draw the whole body and legs as in traditional frame animation, but I was trying to use rotation points and tweening, so the hips and knees are jonted, with arms, elbows jointed and moving in the walk cycle, which should be simple, but its not. If we had a bone system or movable rotation points and objects that snap together this would be easier.
The other suggestion that might be good is a simple Space invaders game. You have done an asteroids game that is nearly like this that you sent me. That was amazing. I used a lot of ideas from that, thank you.

More difficult ideas.
Some sort of 3D game such as on a race track in a race cart like Mario. No idea how to do this, but you experimented with 3D and that was really good.
Some sort of game using jump levels like in traditional ring chasing game like Sonic the Hedgehog if you have seen that.

Greg

1 Like

Hi @greg,
I like how ur thinking Greg, I’ll give everything u
mentioned a try and send you the results! (might
take some time)

:+1:

1 Like

I really want to try figure out how to make raycasting for some reason… This guy made something work on Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/computer-programming/fast-raycaster/5401158076678144) so I would think it’s possible in Wick too.

I also want to make a puzzle or platformer game, or something along those lines.

Feel free to use a one of these ideas, it might spark something cool.

2 Likes

thanks @awc95014 that is amazing 3d effect. It would be amazing if you could move around in that world

You actually can! Use the mouse to move your camera and WASD to… move your… feet?

Also, I didn’t make that, to be clear.

You can click on the canvas to hide your mouse and press escape to bring your mouse back.

(Just realized you can jump with the space bar)

wow!! That is really amazing. You can actually move around the blocks. Is this possible in Wick @awc95014 , @Hamzah_Al_Ani

1 Like

@awc95014 that’s pretty cool (I’ve used Khanacademy
before to see what people made, but I just never came
by this). 3D projects are tough to make without a 3d
shooter, or a .jsn script (I think that’s what they were
called, right?) but it sounds like a cool idea to look
deep into. Also, for the

game, I’ve had tried that out before when
I first started coding ( hand puzzle.wick).
Got two puzzle projects done, and forgot all about it
the next week, but having u just reminding me of it gave
me an idea of having a gif puzzle (it’s digital after all).

Thanks for all the great ideas!
~Hanzoh Alani

1 Like

make a simple platformer

1 Like

That sounds simple and a good project to start off
the weekend! Thanks for the suggestion, @mojad
:slight_smile:

1 Like

you’re welcome (^v^)d

1 Like

You shoud make a relesable platformer game

1 Like

Try a click and point game! There was a very popular point and click flash game franchise on newgrounds called Riddle School. Try taking some inspiration from that!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice @Cleetus_Kernel,
I like the idea of a click and point game.
I’ll try to see what Riddle School is, it
sounds like a good game : )

It’s really enjoyable. A mix of comedy, suspense, and action! The first 3 games are normal but Riddle School 4, 5, Riddle Transfer, and Riddle Transfer 2 are more suspenseful.

Spoilers

5: You(Phil Eggtree) are in a spaceship.
Transfer: Secret Agents from Zone 5.1.(A reference to Area 51) capture you after you almost return to earth
Transfer 2: You teleport back to the original Riddle School building but a blue alien named Quiz has taken over the school.

1 Like

make an animation about a fish overpowering a shark

4 Likes

I like the idea of an underwater game with sharks and fish, thanks for the suggestion @time_to_draw!

ur wellcome

@Hamzah_Al_Ani Plz read the form rules and no sign posts