I would love a ruler to measure things

Please complete the following questions!

Has this feature been suggested before?
I think there isn’t, I scrolled down a lot and I think there isn’t anything about this

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I really wanno make physics but if you want to you gotta get a virtual ruler, and if you want to measure the volume of a thing or charecter from motion to motion

Describe the solution you’d like
A ruler please and maybe some other geometry needs

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
I don’t think I have one, but you can grab a virtual ruler
Image/Video Explanation Optional
You don’t need an image
Additional context
I think you can add more than that in the context of geometry and physics

1 Like

Hi @Merabet_Abdenoure,

i’d love this. I’ve requested a “zoom to 100%” feature, which would cover some of this, but a ruler… rules? :laughing:

Paul

Yeah I really would love that they would add a ruler so you can measure things

Also…it would be cool if you can add 4k resolution pixels!

2 Likes

“4K” refers to horizontal resolutions of around 4,000 pixels. The “K” stands for “kilo” (thousand). As things stand, the majority of 4K displays come with 3840 x 2160 pixel (4K UHDTV) resolution, which is exactly four times the pixel count of full HD displays (1920 x 1080 pixels).

So in theory, if you set your Width (px) to 3840 and your Height (px) to 2160, you should have 4K canvas size, but if your PC monitor doesn’t support 4K you will not notice any difference… also the performance of your PC managing the Editor will be affected.

3 Likes

there is a possible alternative that you actually make your own ruler… you can measure stuff (kinda) by moving and rotating the ruler.

or you can use a ruler i just made. here are some features of the ruler:

• it measures up to 1000 pixels
  • it is a wickobj that has 5 rulers in 1, each one with a different angle measurement (0, 30, 45, 60, 90)
  • in the ruler, you can hide the different intervals (by hiding the layers)
  • its origin is at the intersection of all the rulers for easy rotation

there is a wickobj in this file.
wick ruler8-5-2021_10-17-54.wick (77.3 KB)

3 Likes

thanks, my friend!

it’s saying that I can’t upload, do you have a solution for this

AAAAhhhh! ok now I understand it’s not an asset it’s a wick file

what you can do is click on the asset inside the project and press CMD + E (or CTRL + E) and you will get the asset in the form of a file.

or you can copy paste the asset from that project to your project.

thanks guys!
You’re a supportive community

3 Likes

did you just have it in your pocket or you had to make it up just for me, if so that had I think to take a lot of time, so thanks either ways!

thought I’m not gonna use it in this project I’m making now but the other projects I will.

i made it on the spot, but i was kinda bored anyway.

1 Like

Well I think I a frame of my recent animation I’m forced to use it ,sooooooooooo!

I added a protractor wick ruler9-17-2021_6-15-10.wick