Is making multiplayer games possible?

I’ve seen around the web that you can make multiplayer games by using some localhost:5000. Is it possible to make a multiplayer game in Wick, and (possibly) is there a simple example that someone can share?

I don’t know yet but I will come back to you as soon as I know. ;)

1 Like

probably not since you need to host a server or data base and im pretty sure wick doesn’t have that but maybe you can put it in some game engine like lwjgl witch is for java if it supports the file

I don’t think it’ll be possible to do so if your speaking about a game that would need servers, and uses wifi — but it’ll be possible to make split screen games. If you really need to have another player in your game, I personally rather make bots that do the work based on the players movement, speed, of course the if(_.hitTest()){__} function, and the keys that are clicked!

2 Likes

Yeah I haven’t seen a way to do multiplayer on multiple computers, but you could do two-player: one with WASD keys and one with arrow keys :grin:

I know I can use different keys on the same device, but I was just wondering if you could use servers on Wick. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Hey All, since Wick Editor allows you to run any JavaScript, it’s possible to create multiplayer games! However, we don’t have any systems built in for doing this.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you’re interested in learning this stuff socket.io for Javascript is a great tool!

2 Likes

why didn’t you yet…

so is it possible on wick?

you can make mutiplayer games!

arrow keys (player 1), wasd keys (player 2)

or you can use:
left click (1), right click (2)

I know that, I was just asking about cloud multiplayer.

Any? But when I used that “tweet” code, the require function did not work lol

I just don’t get HOW we would install socket.io without any extra tools or anything.

That happend because you probably did not have socket.io installed

I think you need node.js. I think this because I went to the socket.io website and it showed sample code, which had require commands on the top, JavaScript-like syntax, and it looked like code for a server. Node.js has a require command, is JavaScript, and is used to make server code. From these, I concluded that you need Node.js to use socket.io for servers.

Also I think you can use socket.io for regular JavaScript but since regular JavaScript is client-side, if that were the case it could probably only send requests to servers.

you can check also this solution

to make a peet to peer connection

I found this online of how the require function works and how to rewrite it in normale javascript.

It might be helpful, yet I’m not really sure if it works, but it goes through how the require function works. I didn’t have the time to read it fully, but it might interest anyone

There is a small glitch that allows you to use any Java file in Wick.

I think you mean Javascript, not Java. Java is a completely different programming language. And Wick Editor can’t run Java. Also, the ability for Wick Editor to run any Javascript code is not a glitch, if that’s what you mean.