Legacy layout in newer versions

The legacy version of wick editor feels and looks better than the newer versions
The code editor is easier to navigate and also has a popup under your cursor with autocomplete for your js.

Describe the solution you’d like
A option to revert to the old layout inside of the new wick editor.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
I tried to just use legacy.wickeditor.com but you cant open modern wick files and it does not fullscreen projects automatically when exported so games are weird to play.

Image/Video Explanation Optional

Picture of old wick

so you mean you want to give the users an option to change the layout of the normal editor back to this, while keeping the new features?

i personally think the legacy editor was a bit dull, and i never used the code there before, but autocompleting JS sounds pretty cool.

maybe a simple solution would just be to make a modern-legacy converter.

1 Like

So the autocomplete makes it a bit more like typescript?

1 Like
1 Like

@Watrmeln scripting languages themselves don’t have auto-complete because they’re just specifications on how patterns of text corresponds to instructions. so it is incorrect to say “typescript has autocomplete” it is however correct to say “visual studio has autocomplete”, since visual studio is an IDE or whatever it’s called, where you type programming languages.

but anyway, i agree, the script panel in legacy is better than in the current version, i don’t like the floating window in newer versions because i have to first press a button to open the script panel. and since i want the script editor to take up the entire screen, i then have to move the window to the top left corner, then resize it to take up the whole screen. then i have to close it and re-open it because it doesn’t resize correctly. and i have to do this multiple times because when i save the file, causing the screen size to change, the scripting window resets. however in legacy editor all i have to do is click on the script panel thing and press “maximize”. and legacy editor has autocomplete which is cool too.

although i don’t like the play/pause button being super small in legacy.

1 Like

That’s the legacy-modern. Does someone have a modern-legacy?

totally agree with you here!

No, tweens and other features are not in legacy, so sadly no.

2 Likes

Can you list out some features which aren’t in legacy?
I find the pen tool of legacy most convenient, so that’s the main keeper.

the main reason i am not using legacy is because of that.

i also really dont like how you can make multiple scripts.
In the old editor there is just one script and inside of that you do events like ‘onPressed’ or ‘keyDown’ ya know?

it was more organized at least in my opinion