Lets show some love to wick!

We all know that the WickEditor is not perfect, and there is a lot to be fixed or added… but, very often, we just talk about what we don’t like, but not of what we do like.

Why we don’t take this moment, or post, to show a little bit of appreciation to the developers. You can mention features that you appreciate, or why do you like to use the Editor…

12 Likes

I’ll start, I love to be able to draw, animate and program objects using the same platform. I don’t have to switch between software to accomplish what I can accomplish using only the WickEditor.

7 Likes

the fact that its freeeee!!!

7 Likes

I came to Wick Editor when I was looking for free alternatives to Adobe Flash/Animate CC. Now, even if I can afford Adobe Flash/Animate CC, I’d still be using Wick Editor. Wick Editor has helped carve my path as an animator and game developer. Wick Editor is amazing.

8 Likes

all i needed to instantly love wick was “animation”, “code”, “free” and “browser-based”. i barely had to consider anything else. of course, the actual features would be important to me liking or hating this platform, but those were pretty much nailed.

6 Likes

I think Wick Editor is a lot better than any of the other animation programs I have ever used. By that I just mean Flip-a-Clip and… Scratch? (In question marks because Scratch wasn’t designed as an animation program, but I made animations in that) I was hoping to find an animation program that had tweening because I didn’t want to have to animate every single thing frame-by-frame. So basically something similar to Adobe Flash/Animate. And luckily Wick Editor has that. What makes Wick Editor very great is that it’s free. I’m very thankful for that.

8 Likes

An animating friend, a programming site, and an online open-source software, I think Wick Editor is the best site I’ve ever come across! I was able to learn a lot from it during quarantine, and I just like being able to access something this special!

The Wick Forums are also just as great, we have a good community here, and through time, it’s expanding and improving :)

8 Likes

Its superior to flash
its open source, uses javascript, and its for browsers

3 Likes

I like that i could draw, it’s a different flash that people could get for free instead of buying flash, and yeah. I don’t like that its a bit laggy, brush is laggy, and bugs (no offense)

2 Likes

It’s really easy to use!

3 Likes

I love wick editor and I really hope it will thrives and keep getting better and better.
I really appreciate the HUGE effort needed to make, develop and maintain it.
The fact that it is aimed to do multiple tasks (web animation, web interactivity, illustration…) make it even more difficult to develop it

I feel like everyone of us should try to support the development by contributions, spreading the wickeditor word, making the forum an enjoyable and informative place, giving feedbacks and trying to make the best animations, games, apps and illustrations to attract other users.
I really feel that the more users the better the chances wickeditor will get the fame it deserves

6 Likes

Agree 100%, I’m also planning to join to the development team soon…

5 Likes

I really enjoy the accessibility! Originally I thought it would be super complicated but it was really simple!

8 Likes

I love Wick Editor because it’s so easy to use and really good. yes it is not perfect but it also has many good sides 1: It’s completely free with no advertising and no premium, although I wouldn’t find premium that bad at all though would. 2: it has a very user-friendly interface. I am amazed every day how easy it is to use and how good it looks. 3: the code editor. It’s really not a given that Wick Editor has a code editor, but the fact that Wick Editor has one makes it so incredibly good. I LOVE WICK EDITOR. in conclusion I can only say. yes Wick Editor is not perfect but it’s very good that’s why I love Wick Editor I mean I even switched from Adobe animate because Wick Editor All that what I needed and free of charge

Wick Editor is great

2 Likes

Yay i think that would be great

1 Like

Hahaha @nuggetofwisdom why do you find my Posts so fast thats the Second one in Just 5 Minuets :rofl:

2 Likes

I like Wick because it gives me much of what I love about Godot (open source, can make things for the browser, is simple to understand) with the added benefit of allowing me to draw/animate with ease. A problem I had with Godot was needing to make the SVGs in separate and it really shows on my games as I usually tried to avoid animating things.
Thank you Wicklets for all your hard work!

2 Likes

I love wick because it’s easy, simple to use, and the UI looks very slick and modern (I like that)

It’s also my go-to for making the animations the I post on my YouTube channel!

And best of all? Its completely free.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

I love wick because it is OSS and webbased.
I love that you can use JS to program the animations and in that way create frame-by-frame presentations of complex concepts.
I’ve been able to use it in a (web) project of mine where I can play simple but usefull animations on demand.

Love it!

2 Likes