Making a drawing app with WICK!

if you want to make a lesson for wick, you can teach people about the editor by piggybacking luxapodular’s official wick tutorials. it’ll simplify some work, and i’m sure luxapodular already did a great job explaining things. i mean, he made wick, so he’d know the details the best.

from there, what you talk about depends if you want to talk about coding, animation, or wick in general. assuming you want to just talk about code, then hanzoh’s path looks fine. and then you can again piggyback a few of luxapodular’s tutorials to talk about wick-specific things.

i’m getting the piggybacking-other-lessons thing from my mom because she wants me to teach a python class… some people can’t be self-taught, so teaching a self-teachable lesson could help people out. plus, they can talk to you about bugs and stuff (especially if it’s a live class, but i don’t know what you guys are planning).

(just thought i could pitch in with an idea or something, don’t mind me.)

3 Likes

I mean, we could do gradients natively using js and canvas, but I was interested in use your custom lib for that…

canvas functions

https://www.w3resource.com/html5-canvas/html5-canvas-gradients-patterns.php

1 Like

I didn’t know canvas elements were possible!

1 Like

is it possible to make a drawing app with the drawing app?

1 Like

That sounds like a confusing question, but I’ll go with a yes

Interesting!
I didn’t know canvas had the ability to make gradients, but now that you mention that, I decided to give it a try.

Here are the results:

canvas gradients4-12-2021_15-33-37.wick (4.9 KB)
(It’s harder to adjust canvas size in the editor than I thought)

2 Likes

One of the greatest powers of having a pen tool in Wick is probably being able to make 3d stuff more easily (just like how people do on scratch, if you know what I mean?)

So… this is gonna be my last 3d attempt at making a cube with the help of this wick obj

3d cube4-12-2021_16-16-14.wick (3.7 KB)

2 Likes

Oh… you could do your own full Hamzah editor with html5 using canvas. There are also libs for 3d stuff…

3 Likes

Wow that is Great i can’t wait to See your next Projekt

You could make a Tutorial for this on your Youtube

I mean I would attend :)

I’ve been wanting to lean python because I’m currently making a discord bot and then when I learn python I can go and learn JavaScript idk if you are gonna do that tho

Do you think you could make a tutorial on how to make canvas elements in wick?

1 Like

@nuggetofwisdom
I’m afraid not. It is a little bit out of scope. I’m not an expert on the subject either. There should be tons of youtube tutorials already about that.

2 Likes

Hello, i would like to train my Gui skills in this programm. Could I please get a wickFile of the Drawing app? this would be very nice

Sure, here’s the file: Drawing App.wick (11.3 KB)

1 Like

Oh thanks that is very nice!

1 Like

How do you call this Programe?

i would take the name VGD (Vector Grafik Designer)

I made a redesign for the drawing app:slight_smile:
I made only the Gui, not the App all Credits to @Hamzah_Al_Ani

Download

Drawing App final 5-1-2021_23-12-39.html (2.2 MB)

Infos about the Fan Version:

The Gui had a Redisign

The top bar is now a bit more modern
and a New Button is added :smiley: image
This Button is Giving you some Infos about the Software

If I going to work on this later on I will add there some Information about the Version and more and Probably a DevLog

image image image These are just some examples about the new Courser I made Neues Projekt

And also the Frame Rate Changed :slight_smile:

My Project5-1-2021_22-34-38My Project5-1-2021_22-52-47

1 Like

@Hamzah_Al_Ani It would be really good if u added an eraser currently I use the withe color and make it big but it would be cool to see an eraser there

3 Likes

This project was meant to be an example, but I’ll try to add in an eraser tool (and all other types of tools if possible), thanks for the suggestion :)

I might also turn this into an animating software, like Pixel Lide, but less “pixel-based”
It’s gonna be a whole “new project” though

@Brickstar_X, your new design looks great! I might use it in the “new project” if you don’t mind?

1 Like