Multi touch events

Im a game developer and i am kinda frustrated, that there is almost no js game creating, which accepts multi touch events. They are pretty important to me, because i want to make mobile game. a nice solution would be, if there was touching(as long as a finger is putten down on an object) touchstart(once a finger starts being down on this object) touchmove(once the finger touching this object changes position) touchend(once the finger stops being on this object) and touchcancel(once the finger, that was first touching this object, goes up while not touching this object). I hope it would work… kinda

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the Forums :tada::partying_face::tada:

I’m not really a game dev but I think new library’s could be added in the future version of wick editor! probably there is a way to add Multitouch but idk

Maybe @Jovanny can help with this a bit better

1 Like

Hello, your suggestion is very familiar with the Mouse events. If I do remember correctly, Mouse events will still work with “touch”

More information on Mouse events on the reference page.

1 Like

hello, the mouseevents are pretty similar indeed, but you cant usefor example 2 buttons in the same time… so yea, pretty bad

Have still to try it but I guess loading additional js library (one of the many touch or multitouch) is douable

Try adding the follow at the very beginning of your project

function loadScript(url, callback)
{
// Adding the script tag to the head as suggested before
var head = document.head;
var script = document.createElement(‘script’);
script.type = ‘text/javascript’;
script.src = url;

// Then bind the event to the callback function.
// There are several events for cross browser compatibility.
script.onreadystatechange = callback;
script.onload = callback;

// Fire the loading
head.appendChild(script);

}

var myPrettyCode = function() {
// Here, do whatever you want
};

loadScript(“my_multi_touch_lib.js”, myPrettyCode);

2 Likes