(New!) Wick Editor Version 1.17.1 - New Clip Options, Editor Options, Onion Skinning, and More!

@awc95014 Thanks so much for this feedback. I’ll break it down into bugs and we’ll try to fix these ASAP!

As far as the points you mentioned.

1. This is intentional! You can turn this setting off by pressing the “9” key. Outlining clips makes it possible to differentiate between clips, paths, and clips with code on the timeline.

2. We’ll be taking a look at what the best way to handle this visual funk is. We’re trying to experiment with few ideas, but at the moment the outines are there due to a technical restriction.

3. Nice catch. This looks like an issue with the way we handle shift moving versus regular moving and should be fixable in a small patch.

4. Mind posting a video of this bug occuring. (Your bug videos are excellent ways to bug hunt!)

Thanks again for the great feedback.

1 Like

On the first one, I should’ve been more specific. I meant that with the new outline O.S. mode, clips remain as a shadow while other things are actual outlines. I would guess that it’s because the editor can only outline paths, and clips and images are a different category. I’ll defintely make a video for the other bug.

1 Like

Actually, maybe the 4th one was already fixed. I did find something else that could be intentional or a bug, but if a multiframe clip has an empty first frame, the clip appears as a small plus sign. when run, there is no plus sign, and when stopped, the plus comes back. I think it’s supposed to be a fix so that you don’t have an invisible clip, which makes sense because the hitbox in the editor is the hitbox of the first frame.

2 Likes

@awc95014 yes this is intentional! (The plus sign).

1 Like

I’ll be checking this out later today. Thanks for all your HARD WORK.

I guess the pen tool will get updated later (where you can use the handles…bezier)

If you change the position of text with code, it doesn’t revert back to what it was before it was run. dunno if that’s the case with objects.

i had a semi-cursed project that i fixed, but here’s what happened.
I wanted to make a scoring mechanism for Le Tingy 2, so i made a text box in the scoring frame called “tv” and “tp” (time value and time points) as well as death and life values and points. i have a long frame with an off-screen rectangle doing all the code starting on the second frame, and it changes the text when it leaves that frame and enters the scoring frame. if you play the game completely it would be fine, but if you exited it would take you to the first frame with the rectangle selected (it’s not even on the first frame) and if i go check it, it says that tv is not defined. many things are wrong with that.

1. it doesn’t kick me out of the project to tell me
  2. it takes me to the first frame to explain the problem
  3. the program fully functions
  4. tv is defined

I’m not sure what the problem is. I got rid of the “cursedness” by getting rid of the score frame and the added code. Can anyone help me?

I really appreciate these updates! Especially the Clip options, the resolution option and the bug fixes. :smile:
I’m using the test version 1.17 now for the jam, but I’ve run into a lot of bugs. I’ll upload details on all those soon after I get all my thoughts straight. (I currently have a sorta-messy document where I write down all these issues as I find them)

Colors are slightly off using test branch video Export. This is Mayru’s anim, where the one on the left is the exported version. It’s more yellow and saturated overall. It’s a big issue in serious projects when colors have to be carefully balanced.

Also exported that file as a gif and it caused the tongue color to flicker, I guess the algorithm couldn’t decide which shade to use:
tongue

That’s unfortunate, although your animation looks awesome anyway :star_struck:

Oh my god! Is there shape tweens?

That anim belongs to Mayru, and there aren’t shape tweens in this version.

Hey @HOTS Thanks for pointing out the contrast issue. I’ll take a look and see if there are some color settings we can change.

Who has hidden my post?

1 bug and 3 suggestions for the “cut frame” feature (shortcut shift + c).

Bug: when the playhead is over a frame which isn’t selected (see image), shift + c does nothing:
Wick Addframe bug
It should create a keyframe at the playhead.
The “insert blank keyframe” button and shortcut act correctly (they make a blank keyframe at the playhead).

Suggestion 1: Change the name of “Cut Frame” in the shortcut menu to “Insert Keyframe” or “Insert Frame”, since the word Cut is deceptive (it’s associated with ctrl + x)

Suggestion 2: rename the current “Add Frame” button to “Blank Frame (shift+8)” since the button doesn’t really add a frame, but rather converts to blank keyframe.
add frame
Suggestion 3: Create a “Keyframe (shift+c)” button beside the “Blank Frame” button so users can convert to non-blank keyframes without the shift+c shortcut.

3 Likes

this is epic i like it.

I see that you’ve edited the post today and I like all the new features
:exploding_head:
More bug’s are fixed! :bug:
Everything’s turning out great! :+1:
Good job and thanks Wick editor! :clap:
:partying_face:

EDIT: EXPORT ISSUE FIXED, however a small bug remains; pressing the x-button still doesn’t cancel an export.

Click to see original bug

I can’t video export anything.

I’m in chrome, test branch, tried exporting a 1-3 frame anim with just circles at all resolutions and it doesn’t progress. At least one other guy has the issue; he sat for an hour with no progress.
Also the x-button on the progress bar box should be made to cancel the export.

Hey @HOTS, could you please send me a screenshot of your developer console? There are some instructions here (My video wont finish rendering!) It will hopefully show an error I can use to fix the problem.

Sorry about the issue!