Pix Engine: Platformer Engine

Thank you @pumpkinhead… It seems that js uses 8 bytes to store a single number… We may be improving the mem alloc 4 times by using a Uint16Array which allows the engine to store at least 65535 different platforms, portals, collectibles, etc… per level… which is more than sufficient :star_struck:

1 Like

Here is what I ended up doing… It will be asking for more memory resources based on end-user needs…

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 1.21.59 PM

I’m still very busy, but from time to time I’m working on fixing bugs and adding stuff. There is a lot to do, but I’ll be releasing the first version of this engine most likely within the next month, so stay tuned.

2 Likes

Engine under this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wXmV5_Hd2HWM7sOKuZhBhpWWI1DTuz2a/view?usp=sharing

Engine Tutorials here:

2 Likes

how do I get rid of the grid in the bg when I press play?

1 Like

That will be discuss in the next tutorial. You are running the engine in debug mode. I’ll tey to put together the next one for this tuesday at ETC night.

1 Like

it bugged out and now it wont let me place anything

Yup, it is important to save your work constantly… but in most of the cases for 1.19.4, you should be able to refresh the page and reload the work if you only have one wick editor tab open at the time.

this engine works really good and I like it, I would still rather use @awc95014’s engine tho because its easier to work with and the one downside to your engine is that you have to be ultru precise on where you place the blocks and it is takes a lot of time to actually make something with it. im not trying to say that your engine isn’t good or anything, Im just saying that its a little too advanced for me and it just takes a bit too much time for me.

1 Like

Yes, we have now 3 to 4 platform engines to use. I love @awc95014 engine as well. :blush:

You could also try to decrease your pixUnit to 1. So then you dont have to be that precise anymore. The downside is that requires more memory from your machine.

Hey @Jovanny I made a little platformer, adventure game based off of Hollow Knight using your engine & I was wandering if you can either implement or teach how to add wall jumping to my character.

1 Like

i know that i have not posted anything on this forum and i will not but i have no idea how to do any of this and i just wantto say yall are amazing and that i respect all of your hard work so much and to scrool through it at the beginning it was a bunch of rectangles and now it is actual like objects so i want to say congradjulations on your develop ent of the game and also keep up the work guys and good luck(:smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t program that part, but it is on my list for the future.

Heres the .wick file if you want to play the game

Adventure Cube12-1-2022_8-58-21.wick (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

Alright, time to emerge from my vast slumber to compliment this amazing project. This engine has many possibilities, and the camera system is brilliant!

1 Like

There’s an easter egg, you may have seen it in the editor (that’s why I wanted to export it as an html) but see if you can get down there without CHEATING.

OH MY GOSH this game is amazing yall are phenomenal I wish I could contribute to this production but I don’t have these skills I do have a place you can show them in my talent show place it would be my honor to have some of your some of your work in my talent show and there may be a prize

1 Like

you do not have to join it would be fun though and i will be making an extension on the show due to the lack of participation

I think is a good start