Platformer!

OLD POST:
Hey!

I made a platformer using @awc95014 's platformer engine!

It has 6 levels (now it has 10) and it’s pretty easy.

I’ll add some more levels later, i just wanted to test @awc95014 's platformer engine, it’s pretty cool!

platformer lol3-17-2021_13-06-44.html (2.2 MB)

NEW POST:
I added new versions, here is every single one of them!

V7 (LAST VERSION) (BIG UPDATE LOL): platformer lol v73-19-2021_13-49-53.html (2.2 MB)

V6: theres no v6 lol

V5: platformer lol v53-18-2021_10-40-35.html (2.2 MB)

V4: platformer lol v43-18-2021_10-32-47.html (2.2 MB)

V3: platformer lol v33-18-2021_10-16-23.html (2.2 MB)

7 Likes

This is a really nice game,
I really like how you can place blocks in the last level :D

:black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:
:black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:
:black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:
:black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:
:black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:
:black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:
:black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button::black_square_button:

the last level’s gimmick is very creative! i wonder if you can make a proper ending though, it just keeps zipping through each of the levels previously completed.

1 Like

Yeah, i really liked that idea so i implemented it!

I could make a proper ending, but i didn’t plan publishing it now and when i did i leaved the space where more levels would be.

1 Like

I hope to see more in the future can you send a wick file for the building @Steven its a nice concept

I added more levels!
Also a play screen with a build mode.

platformer lol v33-18-2021_10-16-23.html (2.2 MB)

1 Like

Do you think you could add arrow key support?

Here’s the build mode .wick file!

platformer lol (BUILD MODE)3-18-2021_10-18-06.wick (37.6 KB)

1 Like

I don’t really know, @awc95014 made the controls differently from isKeyDown so i really don’t understand how to put 2 or more keys that make the same thing, but i’ll try.

EDIT: i actually just got an idea to put a settings menu where you can alternate controls from WASD and arrow keys, and i know exactly how to do it, i’ll make it then see if it works.

EDIT 2: Done, now you can change it between WASD and arrow keys from the “type of movement” button in the play menu.

platformer lol v43-18-2021_10-32-47.html (2.2 MB)

1 Like

I just played BUILD MODE twice and noticed that it bugs when you enter it again, i’ll fix that.

EDIT: Ok, fixed it, now you can play BUILD MODE more than 1 time.

platformer lol v53-18-2021_10-40-35.html (2.2 MB)

1 Like

you definetly made good use of the excellent engine!
nice game!!

1 Like

How did you make the quit button?

I think he used this code for closing the window:

window.close();

Also, this game is amazing! I like how I was able to unlock the free building mode after completing all the levels (which left me with something to do with endless blocks).

1 Like

What would be awesome is a level builder!

1 Like

Yeah, i’ll see if i can do it, i got the idea earlier but now that i have build mode that’ll be like a level builder!

I used that same code that appears there.

mabie for level builder make a grid

1 Like

thats gonna be hard but i’ll see what i can do

Hey!

I updated the build mode and now you don’t have to pass the game to be able to use it.

Also now you can place spikes, trampolines, checkpoints and you have an eraser if you change your mind of placing a block and dont want to delete the whole thing.

Also there’s a grid mode but its kinda strange.

It’s on the new post, v7.