Please i beg ( feature suggest)

Please complete the following questions!

Has this feature been suggested before?
I;m not really sure. Probably.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I need a way to resize and change the proportions of a selected object/image/line

Describe the solution you’d like
normally I can only resize my selection, but it would be really useful if when in the selector tool, you can resize and move things like in adobe animate, where you can change perspective.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
no alternatives, this is all I have

Image/Video Explanation Optional
instead of doing this:
Screenshot 2022-10-10 9.35.41 PM
we could additionally do this

Additional context
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.

I believe the term for what you’re requesting is “skew”. If someone sees “resize and change proportions” near the start, reads all of the info, before looking at the image then they could be confused.
There has been a request for skew before: Skewing in Wick Editor
A workaround has been mentioned. However, said workaround only gives parallelogram skew.

well, how do i parrallelogram skew? awc’s method isnt working for me…

Paper js has a skew function… you can do it programmatically. Since that operation was not included into the wick development, if you use it, you will not be able to restore the default shape. We should be able to do a function that fix that, but I don’t have time today to do so… maybe Hamzah could help…

Here is an example… just hit play and the clip will rotate 15 degrees horizontally.
WickPaths10-12-2022_8-32-32.wick (1.6 KB)

paper js is blocked on my computer

That’s interesting, I didn’t know there was a skewing function :0
I should reread the paper js docs sometime…

And I see what you mean about the default shape not being restored after the operation…
I had to experiment with it a bit, and I realized that the new segments aren’t stored in the json data.

So something like

var pth = myClip.timeline.layers[0].frames[0]._children[0];
pth.json=pth.json;

which only sets the json data to itself, can reset the shape back to its default shape before it was skewed, despite the fact that the path cursor accepted the new segments when the path was skewed.

Making adjustments to the actual path object, like changing the size by a bit or such, should make the editor recognize the new shape of the path, and so if you save the project and open it again, the shape wouldn’t reset to how it looked before it was skewed (otherwise, it would reset the shape when you reopen the project).

This is only bc wick doesn’t save the path object’s skewed measurements.
I agree, this should definitely be a feature

Side Note

This would return the segment points in an array of [[x,y],[x2,y2], … ]

myClip.timeline.layers[0].frames[0]._children[0].json[1].segments 

My drawing function works by adjusting these json points data.

So by knowing the current segment points and by being able to adjust their positions, you can create a skewing function that works more properly.

I currently don’t have the time to do that, but it is a possibility. I might work on it later.

1 Like