Small rhythm game

so I finished the song and can someone fix tutorial it ain’t finished and the wick forums doesn’t let me upload the file because it’s 5.8mb but why do I see people uploading files upto 20mb that’s dumb.

one more thing what if you try to do like those arrows that have a trail and they last longer you need to press and hold the arrow key ?

Imma share the google drive link here it is tell me if it works

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wqPXXufY-u2aYS3Hl4CbMh7NQ94RYgIy/view?usp=sharing

It says “access denied”

ok wait ima send another link

Here is the new link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18NxJWs0OkC8yJ3nQPj0-qff9daPcoP9F/view?usp=drivesdk

Hello guys I’m currently adding a new song called feeling by KawaiSprite the song is made by KawaiSprite

ok good I’ll check them out lets go to the collab

are you ignoring me

no you’re youyou. what do you mean by that?

1 Like

ok here’s a small update, i didn’t yet get to adding long notes even though i said i would do that like a week ago. but i swear i will at some point

i just made the menu better, and added a countdown to the song, and you get a primitive assessment of how well you did at the end of each song (gonna improve it in the next update). and there are some other minor changes.
rhythm.wick (2.2 MB)

(oh wait i forgot to remove the note clunk sound)

and @Youyou sorry i won’t put your song in the game

@pumpkinhead we made a collab go check it out and this version of the game is a little bit outdated

i know that, but i think of that as a different version of the game separate to my version. like a remix or mod or something. and because of this i do not believe that i am a project lead of the collab. i just made the base mechanic.

(i probably should have said that earlier)

oh ok then

how did u make the 321 go work

i forgot to comment my code

but basically how it works is it counts down the counter on every half of a beat. since i put the exact tempo in the song data, it can easily find out how long a beat is in seconds using 60 / tempo, and to find how long a half of a beat is, it uses 30 / tempo. the tempo is also used to know when the notes should be pressed

there is a variable called nextHalfBeat. in update, it checks if the current time surpassed nextHalfBeat. if it does it sets nextHalfBeat to the current time plus the length of a half beat. and then it counts down the 321go. also i had to change it so initially the time starts off as negative instead of at zero. this is so the countdown ends at zero, and that the time variable keeps increasing while the countdown is in progress. this is important so the countdown actually works.

so in the 321 go there is code do I need to put code anywhere else that’s not the 321 go? and if yes what is it @pumpkinhead

the code in the countdown clip is just for the fade out effect. i somehow forgot i could just animate it using tweens instead of animating it programatically.

all the important code is in the “game” frame. i forgot to comment it. it’s between lines 4 and 28 in the update script.

Hmm
@pumpkinhead We have 2 seperate files.
Can someone merge these?
rhythm.wick (2.2 MB) -PKhead’s file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SI8PDZjOXunWlxiOTm307rYdh7T3fvtW/view?usp=sharing -My file

I would say the 321 go

1 Like

i can help with the sprite work

hmm yes go to the collab if u wanna help with the polish mod