Symbols and New Layer Controls

I’ve been working on a future project called “When the PC is too weak.” It’s been inspired by my frequent computer crashes when I try to lower the CPU or export a big wick.file and Alan Becker’s Animator VS Animation. I’ve been working on it for a while and I’ve decided to make a major change to the stick figure. My PC background has a bit of black and the figure is too. So I’ve decided to make it green. But the problem is that I’ve already made at least 40 frames. So I have to go to each frame and recolor each body part. A month ago, I’ve watched Alan Becker’s video on The Most Powerful Tool in Flash, The Symbol. The symbol tool is like a clip but if any changes are made to it, Every instance of it in the project becomes like the current one. However, The Symbol tool should not replace the clip tool. However, The background is on another layer and can still be selected if I am not on that layer. This brings us to the Layer Controls that should be added. There should be an option to see the layers or not. It should also let you lock the layers so you can lock certain layers you don’t want to interfere with. That’s all I want. (Wow. I never knew this would be so long! If you can’t do this, oh well!)

2 Likes

There is already a way to hide and lock layers with the buttons on the bottom left of the screen in the timeline, and thanks for the other suggestions!

Thanks for telling me about the two layer controls I needed! Now I know how to select items without selecting the background! I’ve finished the final product! If the symbol tool gets added, I’ll definitely use the symbol tool to help me! Final Product: When the PC’s too weak