Things I've noticed since 1.17

Tweens are glitchier than they were before
Mp4 export always seems to be stuck

Also I don’t think this is related to the update but you can drag the play button as if it were an asset for some reason. Nothing happens when you drag it to the stage though.

4 Likes

I have found a bug as well.

After saving my animation, I tried closing and then reloading it.
It works initially - but after running an animation and then later running it again, some tweens are broken (as in changed from the original coordinates to something else). (Seems to ruin the first tween frame and not the later tween frames.) If I manually fix them AFTER the breaking, it seems to keep and remember it.

1 Like

Hey @Wubb, could I get a copy of the project with broken tweens?

@PineappleCow Thanks for reporting. The vide o issue is known but we’re not quite sure what is causing it yet.

Hi Luxapodular,

Happy to share my work-in-progress - do you have an e-mail address that I can send it to?

Thanks!

@Wubb, feel free to send to luca@wickeditor.com

That’s exactly the same issue with tweens I’m having

1 Like

Another thing I forgot to put in my post was that you can’t import .gifs with a transparent background

Thank you, I sent it now!

PineappleCow: transparent PNGs work perfectly for me, so that may be a good option for you for now.

I know PNGs work I was just reporting GIFs not working

@PineappleCow Mp4 export is updated on test.wickeditor.com, mind giving it a try there?

I actually already tried that and it worked! Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi again - I may have noticed a new issue.

The new high resolution export worked well for me for my old animations, but for my new one, it seems to be adding black space to the left and right sides of my animation. As it depends on the scene (e.g. in one part anything going past a certain border is black, yet in another scene there are characters there), I am guessing that the program guesses the borders - perhaps this is the root issue.

Ideally, I was thinking that it should increase the resolution, but keep the animation’s “borders” within the canvas space of the Wick editor (ignoring images exceeding them).

Thanks,
Ed

2 Likes

It looks like svg import doesn’t work

Happy to share my work-in-progress - do you have an e-mail address that I can send it to?

what :thinking:

1 Like