Think there should be a wick editor for chromebook

Hey so i get you can use wick on the web, but I was thinking since you can download the wick forums on chrome, why not wick editor?

don’t know about chromebook download, but there’s a downloadable editor for windows, mac, and linux.

They can’t do it because Chrome OS is more of like a computer, but a phone. I think you can try getting Ubuntu on a Chromebook tho.

Chrome OS can’t run .exe or other application files but you can create a shortcut by clicking the three dots in the top right corner and select More Tools and click Create Shortcut

You can download the AppImage file from here:

You can also just press " Ctrl+d "

(I’m also on a Chromebook, but I don’t really know how to open an AppImage file)

You can download the .deb Linux version of Wick Editor to your Chromebook, I did that on my Acer Chromebook Spin 11 CP311-1HN-C2DV. But there is no asset library in this version for some reason, and I am using version 1.18 of the Wick Editor.

As long as your admin allows apps from the google play store, you can get the app straight from there.

linux is in beta too that might work

How I saved Wick Editor as an app on my chromebook

Step 1: Open Wick Editor

Step 2: Click the three dots that look like this:
Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 4.17.07 PM
Step 3: Hover over “More tools”

Step 4: Click “Create shortcut…” and click “ok”

Step 5: Right click and pin the app if you want, otherwise you’ll find it with your other chromebook apps
Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 4.22.22 PM

1 Like

you cant use it offline

Yes you can?

1 Like

that would be good to instal wick on chrome it could be used for school and chromebooks are cheaper than the other compation and people are using wick ediotr for a reason right because it is free like how adacity should be on chrome.

I found https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wickeditor.wickeditorapp. On some chromebooks, it will work, since the Play Store is on chromebooks.