Tutorials - Drawings/Animations and more

but what i know is just variables but not very well

I have been following the latest tutorial; Ep14: Wick-Editor - Making A Flashy Bird

The problem that I have is getting the following line of code to work(@ approx line 63);

if(this.clip.pipe1.hits(this.player.clip) || this.clip.pipe2.hits(this.player.clip)) { // if pipes hits player

This code returns false for me even when contact is made.

I tried the following code;

if(this.clip.hits(this.player.clip)) { // if pipes hits player

And that returns true when the user hits the vertical line of the pipes, as one would expect.

So why might “this.clip.pipe1.hits(this.player.clip)” always return false even when contact has been made.

As always I have tried and tried with all sorts of code changes, but at this moment, I’m all out of ideas.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - many thanks.

1 Like

That code will only work on Editor’s version 1.19.4. At the beginning of the video, I showed what version you should select for the tutorial.

1 Like

LOL - My bad - Many thanks to you!

2 Likes

Hello again here i just wanted to say that the only thing i need to fix is the right key not working and the fade animation @Jovanny

Well, this one is about collisions, kind of intermediate/advance level, but not by much.
Hope you like it:

6 Likes

ok thanks :expressionless:

please help me Im working on the scrolling game and it wont work @Jovanny NinjaRunnerTutorial3-22-2021_1-06-34.wick

edit: I fixed it kinda but the animation is weird

ok now it wont work NinjaRunnerTutorial3-22-2021_2-22-11.wick please help @Jovanny

Hello I haven’t been on in a while. How is everyone?

1 Like

Welcome back to the forums @Ryder_Beaumont ! Everybody is doing fine, thanks for asking :slightly_smiling_face:

Im not able to work on that until 7 hours from now. By that time, someone else should be able to help.

Hey @gamer_boi, I know the problem.

In line 145 (default script), you have a typo.

You wrote “this.spiks.” It should be “this.spikes

This is just a simple correction… one letter change.
But now, it should work when you click play :)
NinjaRunnerTutorial3-22-2021_13-50-31.wick (287.3 KB)

2 Likes

can you help with the weird animation

Sure :)

So in line 144, the tree clip resets every time when it moves a distance of 160

The tree clip is broken into three identical parts

Looking at the x position, the difference is 500

You’ll just have to change the distance that the tree clip moves before resetting to 500 rather than 160.

3 Likes

I just made it an animation instead

1 Like

here NinjaRunnerTutorial3-22-2021_13-37-56.wick

1 Like

I need help again edit: NinjaRunnerTutorial3-22-2021_17-53-23.wick fixed the die but I still need help on the shurikens tri to shoot

With what exactly, could you describe more?

and the spikes only go once