Video export - high quality?

Hello,

Wick Editor is really wonderful and I am enjoying using it a lot!

I have created some animations already (search YouTube for “Wubb water bear”), but I noticed that the videos exported look washed out and somewhat low quality.

Is there a way to export the videos at higher quality, or is this something that will perhaps be added in the future?

Many thanks!

Isn’t the quality dependent on the size of your canvas and the FPS?

You may be right, I did not think of the canvas size.

But I was hoping that the mp4 generation could result in a movie with less artifacts showing (e.g. clear and nice, similar to the export to HTML).

(Then I won’t have to redo my movies twice as big! :slight_smile: )

@Wubb this is something we want to fix! We haven’t had a chance to actually spend a lot of time on video export, but at some point we’d like to revise the exporter to allow you to export at any resolution. Unfortunately for now, your best bet is to screen record from the HTML or ZIP export method.

Hopefully we’ll have an opportunity to improve this within the next 2 versions.

That sounds awesome, looking forward to it.

Would it also be possible to add options to the export like:

• Select codec (higher quality/lower quality)
  • Select compression (higher quality, bigger file/lower quality, smaller file)

(I was thinking that the artifacts visible were perhaps due to the compression being set to lower quality, smaller file right now.)

(Hopefully adding this feature or even just changing the default to better quality would be an easy fix!)