Wick Editor Version 1.18 - Outliner Tool, Mobile Improvements, and More!

1.18 is almost ready to launch. We could use some help with testing. Check it out on test.wickeditor.com and let us know if anything is broken! We’d love to get your feedback!

New Features:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where dropdowns wouldn’t display on all devices.
  • The Custom resolution option on video export has been fixed.
  • Inputs no longer “revert” when emptied. Inputs can now be empty.
  • Filling a clip no longer crashes the editor.
  • Several visual issues have been fixed on Safari, and Mobile Safari.
  • Fixed a bug where the code editor wouldn’t close on mobile.
  • Fixed a bug where buttons remain selected on touch events.
  • Fixed a bug where external links wouldn’t open on mobile.
  • Added a warning on mobile apps if project will be overwritten.
  • Fixed a bug where toasts on mobile didn’t display properly on save/load.
  • Fixed a bug where text on save/load/delete buttons was running outside the bounds of the element.
  • Fixed a bug where corrupted assets would break a project.
  • Fixed a bug where images not loading while opening a project would stop the loading process.
  • Fixed a bug where black lines would appear on top and bottom of a video.
2 Likes

Alright. I’ll give it a shot.

so far i found that when you zoom out on a image that has been filled, you can see a small bit of outline that divides the filled with the stroked.Screenshot 2020-08-31 at 10.46.40 AM either this is intentional or this is a bug thing. Im using this on computer tho so i dont know if its the same for mobile.

When are you going to fix the thing that happens when you hover over a message that is in the line numbers bar in the script editor?

This is good, but try to input decimals like 0.3 or 1.4 for the Scale W, for some reason the editor does not allow it.
(The workaround is to enter 14 first and then edit the number by putting a dot in between), if you continue playing with it, all the other values become NaNs.

Capture

Basically what Jovanny said I think, decimals can’t be placed at the end of a number. You must type the number excluding the decimal before inserting the decimal in between.

@Jovanny, nice catch. Will fix ASAP

1 Like

You are welcome. I’ll continue testing more later after work.

@Jovanny, okay hotfix has been deployed to the test branch. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

1 Like

i noticed that when you have two scripts, you can’t go to the keyboards tab.
hope this screenshot helps:

1 Like

Ah! Not sure how this happened. Will take a look.

edit: @mojad, looks like it has something to do with the fact that we’ve got tabs (‘default’, ‘keydown’, ‘update’) over tabs (‘mouse’, ‘keyboard’, ‘timeline’). Weird! Shouldn’t be too tough and thanks for the bug report.

1 Like

thank you :)

Take a look at this:
Untitled_ Aug 31, 2020 6_10 PM

Do I have to unselect the object in order to have its scale be -1?

1 Like

This bug has already been reported.

Nice! Looks great, i know alot of other middle school teachers are checking you out because they have to teach remotely now and looking for an animation alternative :slight_smile:

Quick question, is there any way to export the GIFs with transparency naively? I know we can export it as an image sequence and then compile it in photopea or ezgif but just wondering if that functionality is coming to skip that step. It would be rad <3

It is working just fine!

Hi @SPHSPHSPHSPH, unfortunately we can’t export natively with transparency yet. I think that we may be able to get an option for the image sequence export that does this, but probably not gif export at the moment!

Hey @Hamzah_Al_Ani, I’m not sure how to reproduce that bug. Let me know if it occurs again as I think a fix I pushed yesterday may have fixed this as well.

your welcome :)