3d is possible with 2d

Well, I forgot to keep u guys updated on the 3d attempt thing.

My last 3d attempt was not as successful since I didn’t have the ability to program my own 3d equations and barely knew how coding worked, but now, I guess I have half the puzzle found!
Untitled_ Aug 10, 2020 6_07 PM 3d attempt
Of course, every side needs to be its own coded object, but the movement went into a pattern. I’ll need to upgrade my dimensions, then hopefully, I’ll be able to make 3d trees and blocks that won’t act as funky as this current project. I’ll post the project once I get it all done.

Best news: Turns out IT IS possible to program a 3d game using a 2d coding engine!
(I guess anything is possible after all)

8 Likes

I think I’m gonna try do semi-raycasting. I don’t really know what I mean by that myself, but at the same time I kinda know what I’m aiming for.

1 Like

:0 wow!! that’s cool

1 Like

I really like your comment about getting better at coding. Keep going. You are doing great things. If you are interested in writing your own 3d perspective into a 2d program, wickEditor is not your friend. You would need a lot of flexibility in order to do that.

2 Likes

WOW!! That is amazing @Hamzah_Al_Ani
So, do you think it is possible to create a 3d landscape? 3dWorld? I am looking forward to seeing how you did this. Very clever. Well done

1 Like

That’s is EXACTLY what I was aiming for!

I started making more progress. I started over, but this time focusing on a different angle to make the 3d shape rotate. Turns out its mostly angles and circles and dots. I’ll be able to make a “break and build” blocks game (like Minecraft) once I find a way to shade these new squares. Here’s what I got so far:

Make 3d shape html:
3d html.html (2.1 MB)
How to use the 3d html: https://youtu.be/aGOB85RMnU8

What I'm working on now with this 3d thingy

I’ll be able to code collision between the player and 3d block, the distance of how far the block is from the player, make a real map (this one might be tough), give the user slots (slot for placing a block, one for breaking up close blocks, and one for far ones). So far, the project is rarely lagging, but once I start using the CLONING code, it’ll start getting worse. So, I’ll try to avoid that.

WHAT OH MY GOSH that’s epic.

1 Like

The first one you made feels cursed. I can’t easily drag the points.

Yea, that definitely will be fixed, but I’ll just need some more brain cells. If ur mouse X value is greater than the dot when ur dragging, it’ll move counter-clockwise, else it moves clockwise.

The whole 3d thing is a very weird puzzle afterall. Once I’ll solve it, I’ll share it so that anyone could edit it to make their own 3d game

Oh, I think I get it now. It has a fixed circular track the points can move on, unlike the 2nd one where it can go on a whole 2D plane.

EXACTLY! The track goes in a circular shape (more like an oval), this is how I view 3d!

Now, the worlds great 3d riddle (i guess), is how to move the blocks while keeping them attached:
Untitled_ Aug 11, 2020 12_44 PM
I’ll try to get the riddle solved by tomorrow… It might be the last riddle…

Find the center of both cubes and make the points rotate around that one. That’s how I’d try it.

You’d pretty much have to make a new “track” on demand. You might have to find a way to unite 2 cubes and… well I can’t help you much from there.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 9.55.17 AM

WicKad is slowly taking shape thonking

I know what u mean, I’ll probably just need to stretch out the track and combine the cubes. However, the reason I didn’t do this idea is because not all cubes are going to be combined really, some need to be separate apart. The two cubes are going to move not as if they’re connected, but as if they’re just plain blocks that are touching. So, really I’ll make the blocks move based on a viewpoint. The closer they are to ur view-point, the less they’re going to move and rotate. It’s like that one equation u made that made me think stronger of this being possible:

this.x+=(this.x-viewPoint.x)/2;
this.y+=(this.y-viewPoint.y)/2;

(btw, I’ll definitely need to use ur equation, if u don’t mind, cause it’s just brilliant. I’ll give u credit too)

How the track looks like

Off topic, but what is WicKad?

cad is a tool that makes 3d stuff. we’re kinda making 3d stuff… so that’s why i said that. although cad lets you 3d print your creation, so it’s not quite cad.

So you want the blocks to collide? Or at least stop rotating when it hits something?

EDIT:

I think I might’ve found the solution to that 3d riddle, but I’ll have to start over almost everything

Apparently, if what I have planned on my mind is exactly what the results are going to be, it’s going to be the last part of the whole 3d puzzle! If u see, the puzzle is starting to connect! The oval track, awc’s equation, the viewpoint, raycasting, and cad!

Here's how

Raycasting is based on a view-point. I’ll have the same view-point and the raycasting lines need to be curved like an oval curve. The closer it is to the middle, the less curvy. This looks like the cad orbit tool. Here’s how it looks:

Now, these lines also have a pattern. So, since a pattern exists, I won’t need to literally have these lines in the project. The closer the line is to the middle, the greater the x, the least the y, and the farther it is, the farther the y goes and the least the x goes. That’s where awc’s equation comes in. Its pattern is close to this one, but not quite the same. I’ll need to add on to it to fit my needs for this project. Now, I’ll just have to hope for success, I’ll still keep u guys updated if anything happens.

Also, I do know what cad is, just got confused when u combined it with Wick. It was really the first and only 3d designing website that I had used, and it’s just great!

Untitled_ Aug 12, 2020 10_13 AM

3D graphics is always done by taking 3D points and projecting them onto a 2D plane, kind of like what you are doing… I think. How do you create shapes in Wick? Can you even do that?